Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Use two separate ORS HA pairs for Voice and Digital channels

Posted 03-19-2020 06:16
    Hi,

has anyone experienced implementing a solution that allows an ORS HA pair to be connected only to SIP Server in order to handle voice interactions only (with a separate URS connected to SIP Server only as well) and another ORS HA pair to be connected to Interaction Server in order to handle all digital interaction only (again with a separate URS)?
    If yes, these two ORS HA pair must be in the same cluster (in the same transaction list)? And what about the ORS persistence via Cassandra nodes? Can they share the same Cassandra hosts for persistence along with the same keyspace?

Thanks
    Best Regards
    Giovanni
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #DigitalChannels
    #Implementation
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Giovanni Laino
    Lutech S.p.A.

• 2.  RE: Use two separate ORS HA pairs for Voice and Digital channels

Posted 03-22-2020 16:55
    If you want to run separate ORS for voice and eservices they must be defined as separate clusters.  If you were to add them to the same cluster, then the algorithm used will assumed that the other node pair can handle 50% of the voice traffic, and since there's no connection, it wont.
    I havent seen any documentation about best practice in terms of cassandra in this circumstances, but if I were you I'd suggest there's probably no harm in using the same cassandra cluster, but I'd run a separate keyspace as there's nothing that should be shared between your two ORS clusters.
    Question I have is why you want to run two separate ORS Clusters?  If you were to run a single 3 node HA pair cluster you'd greatly enhance your resiliency for both channels.  ORS nodes can use separate URS apparently (with agent reservation) if URS capacity was a concern.

Jason McLennan
    Commonwealth Bank of Australia

• 3.  RE: Use two separate ORS HA pairs for Voice and Digital channels

Posted 03-23-2020 00:58
    It would be better to have different clusters for voice and digital in the same transaction. Digital ORS does not require Cassandra anyways. 
    Also I believe that all ORS nodes in the same cluster should connect to the same URS.

Rajesh Singh
    Infosys Limited

• 4.  RE: Use two separate ORS HA pairs for Voice and Digital channels

Posted 03-23-2020 09:55
    Thanks to both Jason and Rajesh for the answers.

We wanted to use separate ORS for hardware virtualization platform load sharing, we achieved it separating ORS clusters (one cluster for voice and another one for digital) but using the same URS for both clusters (agents handle multiple channels at a time and we didn't want to risk a race condition where a URS digital would claim an agent that has been reserved by URS voice in the same second).
    About Cassandra, Genesys pointed out (as Rajesh confirmed) that persistence is not needed for digital channels because the interactions are stored in IXN and UCS DB, so in case of failure ORS would pull interactions from them.

Thanks for your contributions

BR 
    Giovanni

Giovanni Laino
    Lutech S.p.A.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources