Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Apache Tomcat 7.0.9 Setup for Composer in Eclipse Mars.2

Posted 08-10-2018 03:17
    ​I have installed Tomcat 7.0.9 on windows 10 machine. However when I go to eclipse and deploy Voice and Routing application on Tomcat, this is giving issue. I am following Voice and Routing application project properties to deploy in Eclipse. But, it always showing the ensure Tomcat is started and Tomcat preferences are set correctly. Although I have started the tomcat services and already preferences setup for port, login, password and tomcat location to my program files installed apache tomcat server location.
    I am not able to find out where is the issue. please help.

------------------------------
    Yaksh Singh
    Bank of America

• 2.  RE: Apache Tomcat 7.0.9 Setup for Composer in Eclipse Mars.2

Posted 08-12-2018 08:51
    Hi Yaksh,

Did you use Tomcat which comes with Composer or trying to use separate one ? also make sure that Tomcat configuration is properly set in Composer (Windows -> Preferences -> Tomcat)

Mohammed Adel
    IST Networks - Saudi Arabia

• 3.  RE: Apache Tomcat 7.0.9 Setup for Composer in Eclipse Mars.2

Posted 08-16-2018 07:44
    ​Hello Adel - Yes, I have both tomcat 7 as service deployed and bundled tomcat (6) with Composer. I have also setup Tomcat configuration in Composer (Windows -> Preferences -> Tomcat) point to bundled tomcat location (Program Files (x86)\GCTI\Composer 8.1\tomcat\bin). Then also checked project properties (under Tomcat Deployment), it is showing composer project is deployed in webapp /<projectname> and deploy button is disabled. However, I couldn't find project under webapp (actually under bundled tomcat folder name is webapps).
    So my first question is where is this webapp folder? Second, how we can start bundled tomcat server? Third, do we need to add manager-gui role in configuration file tomcat-users.xml?

Thanks

Yaksh Singh
    Bank of America

• 4.  RE: Apache Tomcat 7.0.9 Setup for Composer in Eclipse Mars.2

Posted 09-30-2019 08:56
    Edited by Omar Elhawary 09-30-2019 08:57
    ​Dear Yaksh,
    Check below replies for your questions:

So my first question is where is this webapp folder?
    first you must use the tomcat installed inside the composer folder as it has some jars related to composer in its lib folder
    also you must the the webapps folder it self, but when you deploy your application from the deploy button in the eclipse you will not find it the webapps folder, but you can check it from the tomcat admin UI

Second, how we can start bundled tomcat server?
    you can start it from the bin folder under tomcat folder inside the composer folder installation path, use startup.sh or startup.bat, then check if tomcat started or not from your browser like "localhost:9090"

Third, do we need to add manager-gui role in configuration file tomcat-users.xml?
    yes,

additional thing, you have to configure this tomcat in the preferences of eclipse under composer>tomcat and add there the requested info.

Omar Elhawary

• 5.  RE: Apache Tomcat 7.0.9 Setup for Composer in Eclipse Mars.2

Posted 10-03-2019 06:43
    Composer now uses Tomcat 8.5, try to upgrade.
    Once you have that, from Composer folder, grab all content of ComposerBackend folder and copy to the lib folder of your new Tomcat 8.5. Then configure Composer to use this new Tomcat. If you have any issue, usually try to upgrade project first, clean VXML, renegerate and should work.

Jorge Cornejo
    VS Telecom LTDA.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources