Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  WhatsApp blacklist

Posted 01-20-2022 09:08
    One of our customer has integrated Genesys successfully. Now they are complaining that this number is abused for spam. Several disturbing messages are pushed towards the agents to be processed. Isnt there a functionality like a blacklist/report member to WhatsApp through Genesys. Or is there at all a function with which the number can be reported/blocked? Within the Genesys Hub I could not find such option.
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Michael Gede
    Swisscom (Schweiz) AG

• 2.  RE: WhatsApp blacklist

Posted 01-21-2022 19:40
    Edited by Mostafa Awad old 01-21-2022 19:40
    Hello Michael,

I cannot see such a feature from Genesys integrated with WhatsApp but as a workaround for this you can block the reachability of these numbers to the agents by implementing the following steps:

1. Create Transaction List or Operational Parameter that contains the numbers you want to block.
    2. Get this list of numbers in the Composer Workflow or IRD and stores them into a variable.
    3. Check if this list contains the incoming contact number then you disconnect the interaction directly without routing it anywhere else.

Hope this could help.

• 3.  RE: WhatsApp blacklist

Posted 01-22-2022 15:23
    Hi Mostafa, thanks for your reply. Seems the case no such function exist. I thought that requirement might be well spread, hoping for some easir config in genesys hub or even in WhatsApp. Yes in worst case implementing it in IRD/Composer and making it available for configuration in GAX is an option, but well is always some change in the routing, especially if you have multiple business phone numbers with different routings its just cumbersome. 

Have a nice day! 

Regards,

Michael Gede
    Swisscom (Schweiz) AG

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources