Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Workspaces Web shows logged in but phone disconnected

Posted 03-17-2022 11:09
    We found some users who are gaming the system.  Basically we have a softphone running on computer and we have WWE.  We found that if you kill the softphone, WWE still shows you logged in and available, but they never get a call.  Any settings to fix this?
    #Implementation
    #SIP/VolP
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Clayton Curtis
    Enova Online Services, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Workspaces Web shows logged in but phone disconnected

GENESYS
    Posted 03-18-2022 08:54
    Hi Clayton,

I'm going to check with the WWE and Softphone teams to see if there is a workaround for this issue. I think I might have heard about another customer having such an issue. Are you using WWE 9.0? What version of Softphone are you running?

You can contact me directly if you want: matthew<dot>west<at>genesys<dot>com

Matthew West
    Staff Technical Writer
    Genesys Cloud Services

• 3.  RE: Workspaces Web shows logged in but phone disconnected

GENESYS
    Posted 03-18-2022 13:30
    Hi Clayton,

I'm still waiting on a reply from the SIP Phone team (it is after hours where they are), but the WWE team said to have a look at the following options to force the DN to Not Ready:

• sipendpoint.disconnected.max-attempts-to-set-not-ready
    • sipendpoint.disconnected.not-ready-reason

Refer to this document for more information about setting up SIP options for your Softphone: https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/HTCC/9.0.0/IWWDep/SettingUpAgents#SIPEndpoint

Note: This is a restricted document. You should log in to your Genesys Customer Care account before attempting to view this document or contact me and I can tell you how to access the content. (matthew<dot>west<at>genesys<dot>com)

Matthew West
    Staff Technical Writer
    Genesys Cloud Services

• 4.  RE: Workspaces Web shows logged in but phone disconnected

GENESYS
    Posted 03-21-2022 09:01
    Hello again Clayton,

I have received some information from the Softphone team.

You can configure SIP Server to move the Agent DN to "out of service" if the SIP Endpoint becomes unavailable. Reporting tracks the SIP Endpoint availability.

They recommend reducing the SIP Register timeout interval and configuring SIP Server to force the DN to "out of service" when they become "SIP unregistered".

The team recommends that you contact Genesys Customer Care for assistance in making these configuration changes.

Matthew West
    Staff Technical Writer
    Genesys Cloud Services

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources