View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

CCPulse error on Server 2012 R2

• 1.  CCPulse error on Server 2012 R2

Posted 04-13-2021 02:58
      |   view attached
    Hi all,
    i am installing CCPulse version "IP_CCPulsePlus64_8110073b1_ENU_windows" on a server running Server 2012 R2 and am not able to open CCPulse, see attached screenshot, any suggestions? I have tried several versions too but get the same results
    #Implementation

------------------------------
    Reginald Sheraton

• 2.  RE: CCPulse error on Server 2012 R2

Posted 04-14-2021 02:32
    We once had a case of Symantec Endpoint Protection that was killing CCPulse, so maybe check any Anti-Virus or DLP Agents installed on the server?
    Also, you sure you have 8.1.100.73 successfully installed?  Or are Genesys just lazy with updating the versions on their binaries as the screenshot shows 8.1.100.63.

Jason McLennan
    Commonwealth Bank of Australia

• 3.  RE: CCPulse error on Server 2012 R2

Posted 04-14-2021 02:41
    Hi there,
    Thanks for your response, as indicated i have tried various versions with same results, screenshot was from previous version. I will check and update

Reginald Sheraton

• 4.  RE: CCPulse error on Server 2012 R2

Posted 04-14-2021 04:07
    Hi Reginald

Out of curiosity, what other Genesys apps are installed on that server?
    I assume you've checked to confirm things like the VC++ prerequisites are on there?
    How far back in CCPulse versions have you tried to go?

Like Jason I've had cases in the past where Endpoint Protection choked during the install effectively blocking the spawned VC++ setup.  I've also seen comments that UAC has caused CCPulse to crash on some Windows10 machines.  Anything show up in the Windows event log/Endpoint protection log when these crashes happen or during setup?

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 5.  RE: CCPulse error on Server 2012 R2

Posted 04-15-2021 10:16
    I have to repackage CCPulse IP for our company, and the Genesys IP includes the VC++ package and should install it, if it is not currently installed.

That said, on a server, I always run the installer "As Administrator".  (Right click > Run as Admin)

I don't have any issues with it being installed in C:\Program Files, as my data files (.stg, etc.) are pointed to our user profile directory (C:\Users\UserID\GCTI\CCPulse).  Or for shared data files (C:\ProgramData\GCTI\CCPulse+).  As defined in the CCPulse application object.

But as a test, it wouldn't hurt to use C:\CCPulse, etc.  just to see if that helps.

Last, I've had numerous crashes with the later releases when they disconnect from the Config Server and Stat Servers, and upon reconnect they'd crash.  After working with support for a year, I got this fixed in the latest release. 

Do you ever get to the Login prompt?  Or open a Workspace?  At what stage does it actually crash? 

Tony Morrow

• 6.  RE: CCPulse error on Server 2012 R2

GENESYS
    Posted 04-16-2021 01:14
    Hi Tony,

Those crash issues have been resolved in the latest release (8.1.100.73)

This release includes the following corrections and modifications:

CCPulse+ no longer terminates unexpectedly if a workspace with a large number of thresholds is open. Previously in such a case, CCPulse+ might terminate unexpectedly. (CCPULSE-2267)

Now CCPulse+ can be minimized while loading a large workspace. (CCPULSE-2265)

CCPulse+ no longer terminates unexpectedly after failing to re-establish its connection to Config Server and Stat Server. Previously, CCPulse+ terminated unexpectedly if it was not able to re-connect to Config Server and Stat Server following a network outage. (CCPULSE-2263)

cheers
    Andrew

Andrew Soroka
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: CCPulse error on Server 2012 R2

Posted 04-16-2021 09:42
    Thanks Andrew.  Those are actually my tickets.

But unfortunately it crashed again on me yesterday.  So I've re-opened the ticket.​ 

But this is Reginald's question, and I don't want to take away his focus.  But it could be that there is something in the current releases that is effecting us all.

Tony Morrow

• 8.  RE: CCPulse error on Server 2012 R2

Posted 04-15-2021 02:23

Hi, 

It´s been a while I installed CCPulse+. Is it installed with Administrator account or regular user account? I recall some issue writing some data in the c:\program files\gcit\ccpulse dir as regular user. It helped selecting a custom install path like c:\gcti. But please bear with me if this is all nonsense, it has been a while I used ccpulse+...

Ahmed Said
    atip GmbH

• 9.  RE: CCPulse error on Server 2012 R2

GENESYS
    Posted 04-15-2021 02:59
    Hi Ahmed,

Please verify that you are indeed running the latest version 8.1.100.73.

Right click on the executable and check the File version under the details tab.
    The version should be 8.1.100.73.

If it is not then you either have an old executable  already installed or the wrong install package.

I suggest that you download the latest version from the download centre.
    Uninstall CCPulse from your server.
    Install the new version.

If you are still having problems then raise a case with customer care.

Regards
    Andrew

Andrew Soroka
    Genesys - Employees

• 10.  RE: CCPulse error on Server 2012 R2

Posted 04-19-2021 06:33
    Hi there,
    can confirm that i am running the latest CCPulse software

Reginald Sheraton

• 11.  RE: CCPulse error on Server 2012 R2

GENESYS
    Posted 06-17-2021 21:10
    Hi Reginald,
    Did you get this resolved?

If not then please feel free to contact me.

cheers
    Andrew

Andrew Soroka
    Genesys - Employees

• 12.  RE: CCPulse error on Server 2012 R2

Posted 06-18-2021 02:44
    Hi there,
    Yes i did thanks, seems there was an issue with DAP, steps taken below:

Fix:  removed the dap_datamart from the CCPulse application and created a new dap (dap_ccpulse).  On the General section of the dap_ccpulse, pointed it to DB Server (DataMartDBServer).  Added connection of dap_ccpulse to the CCPulse application and CCPulse launched correctly thereafter.

Reginald Sheraton

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources