Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

WDE Customisation - hiding the customers number from the agent

• 1.  WDE Customisation - hiding the customers number from the agent

Posted 10-07-2019 18:10
    Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone had worked on a scenario where you needed to hide the customers number from the agent in WDE? Is it possible to hide number displayed in WDE or change it to "UNKNOWN" so that it is kept private from the agent? Is this something that would be set in SIP Server instead? Thanks for your time.
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

------------------------------
    Dean Smith

• 2.  RE: WDE Customisation - hiding the customers number from the agent

GENESYS
    Posted 10-08-2019 06:18
    Hi Dean,

Try configuring these options which control the display of the party attributes:

These reference the UCS attributes documented here: https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/ES/8.1.4/FldCod/ConObj

Matthew West
    Staff Technical Writer
    Genesys Laboratories

• 3.  RE: WDE Customisation - hiding the customers number from the agent

GENESYS
    Posted 10-09-2019 03:59
    Hello Dean,

An additional comment:
    If your scenario involves Contact lookup in WDE (retrieving and displaying the Contact record - customer profile information - from UCS), and if you also want to hide the customer phone number(s) there (i.e. phones associated with a customer in his contact record), you can control the fields/attributes which are displayed via WDE options.
    See here: https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/IW/8.5.1/Dep/ManagingContacts#t-0
    And here: https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/IW/latest/Dep/ContactOptions

Jerome St Marc
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: WDE Customisation - hiding the customers number from the agent

Posted 10-11-2019 11:56
    Hi Jerome and Matthew, (and Dean)

thanks very much for the feedback on this Thread. We have indeed done some testing this morning and the example outcome is below: we reached a good stage, but we have other issue.
    - Look into the highlighted "green" box, it's doing what we expect.
    - The "red box" on the left highlight our actual challenge at the moment as we don't know how to hide it, but any other places where the "CLI" appears can be hidden or masked without affecting other routing integrations this customer have (with MS Dynamics), by using the softphone connector.

Any ideas? we will be looking at the latest email from Jerome on Monday.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Tiago Silva

Tiago Silva
    Connect Managed Services

• 5.  RE: WDE Customisation - hiding the customers number from the agent

Posted 10-22-2019 04:45

Hi Matthew,

thanks very much for the details shared, it works and we were able to mask the CLI partially :)
    Not sure if you are able to review my latest update, as somehow we are not able to mask the item on the red highlighted box on the left-hand side of WDE.
    The "tab information" on the right-hand side and the "case info" on the left are not an issue, we can hide the data.

Any idea?

Many thanks,

Tiago

Tiago Silva
    Connect Managed Services

• 6.  RE: WDE Customisation - hiding the customers number from the agent

GENESYS
    Posted 10-22-2019 12:09
    Hello Tiago,

The red box on left-hand side is controlled by two options provided by Matthew in his answer.

display-format.party-name-format if the caller doesn't have a contact in UCS
    display-format.customer-name-format if the call has a contact in UCS

In your case, it seems the caller has a contact in UCS (even if FirstName & LastName were not saved in that contact) --> what appears in the Contact panel - Information tab on right-hand side.

Jerome St Marc
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: WDE Customisation - hiding the customers number from the agent

GENESYS
    Posted 10-24-2019 09:22
    Hi Tiago,

I tested removing the $Party.DisplayName$ parameter from the display-format.party-name-format option and replacing it with  $AttachedData.Y$ and got the following result:

You can then assign any value you want to Y in the attached data to control what is displayed. I hope this helps.

Matthew West
    Staff Technical Writer
    Genesys Laboratories

• 8.  RE: WDE Customisation - hiding the customers number from the agent

Posted 10-31-2019 05:00
    Hi Matthew and Jerome,

thanks very much for the useful  assistance, much appreciate ;)
    We are now testing these and we were able to hide most of the data from the WDE screen.
    We are now also trying to figure out the way to "hide" it based on the type of agent receiving the call, i.e.CSR or Supervisor (to hide or not hide the data, respectively).

For now we can close this thread, but we will come back if we require further assistance.
    Thanks very much indeed.

Tiago Silva

Tiago Silva
    Connect Managed Services

• 9.  RE: WDE Customisation - hiding the customers number from the agent

Posted 09-07-2020 05:22
    Hi again,

our colleague is delivering this work to the customer and we have managed to hide the Inbound CLI in nearly all areas. Thank you for the help :)
    We are facing another challenge at the moment, as we don't want to use any "roles & permissions", but just manipulate WDE options (as we are effectively delivering a new WDE to the relevant agents):

Since we are not able to hide the "tabs" from WDE we managed to restrict searches, views, etc. I.e, on "my history" tab, we managed to hide all fields except the "from". This is where we would need some assistance. Everywhere else we managed to hide the CLI of the caller.
    Can you assist please?

Thank you in advance,
    Tiago

Tiago Silva
    Conn3ct

• 10.  RE: WDE Customisation - hiding the customers number from the agent

Posted 09-08-2020 10:14
    Sorry, i don't understand why you wouldn't just disable the My History permission at this point to hide the tab.  Is there anything left for the agent to benefit from having it?

Jason McLennan
    Commonwealth Bank of Australia

• 11.  RE: WDE Customisation - hiding the customers number from the agent

Posted 09-09-2020 09:52
    Hi Jason,

thanks for the inputs. I agree with your point, but in the lack of possibility to hide the "tab" itself without using "Roles", we managed to hide all fields instead using WDe options, but this one we are not able to unfortunately.
    We were trying to avoid the use of Roles, just achieving the objectives by creating a new WDE instance with the relevant options.
    Hope it makes sense

Thank you,
    Tiago

Tiago Silva
    Conn3ct

• 12.  RE: WDE Customisation - hiding the customers number from the agent

GENESYS
    Posted 09-09-2020 10:57
    I don't know where the From column is coming from.
    If it is WDE default column, when you leave an empty value in contact.myhistory-displayed-columns option.
    Or if you have an override of this option at agent group or at agent level (which takes precedence over the WDE application level option).
    And I don't have an environment with WDE so I can try it.

What if you specify Status in the option? Does that make the From disappear (if not, you may have an override of option somewhere).

Having said that, I don't think it will be enough as your next problem will be that the phone number appears in the Details when you select one of the interactions in the My History.
    Unless you want to completely hide phone calls in history to the agent (Contact History and My History) and not even list them.
    Is this what you are trying to do? Or you still want voice interactions to appear (but without the phone number)?

Jerome Saint-Marc
    Genesys - Employees

• 13.  RE: WDE Customisation - hiding the customers number from the agent

Posted 09-09-2020 11:44
    Hi Jerome, thanks very much for this.
    You are right, and our main objective is to hide the My History and Contact History from these agents. They should not see it at all, but since we could not hide the "myHistory" with options (just through roles) we managed to "hide" the other fields, except the "From" :(
    We have achieved these from the below kvp option by deleting them (the From address is not there):
    > contact.myhistory-displayed-columns=Status,Subject,StartDate,EndDate,Username,Id
    > contact.myhistory-displayed-columns-treeview=Status,Subject,StartDate,Username,Id

We would like to ​ definitely hide anything related to the caller CLI that can identify who called (these callers should not be identifiable by the agents).
    Thank you, hope it makes sense.

Tiago Silva

Tiago Silva
    Conn3ct

• 14.  RE: WDE Customisation - hiding the customers number from the agent

GENESYS
    Posted 09-09-2020 11:53
    I don't know if it is possible and how to manipulate the columns, or change info in details panel.
    And as I said, I don't have an environment with WDE to investigate try.

But if hiding all past calls is acceptable - I mean not even showing/listing them in the MyHistory - then I have noticed an option you could use.
    contact.history.media-fiters
    Just remove voice from the option value (it will apply to Contact History and My History).
    Voice interactions will then not appear at all in the history.

Otherwise, I unfortunately don't know.

Jerome Saint-Marc
    Genesys - Employees

• 15.  RE: WDE Customisation - hiding the customers number from the agent

Posted 09-10-2020 03:22
    Hi

I did a customization of WDE to hide the phone number in the (My) History, so that the phone number (PII) was shown as ******.

I overrode the Genesyslab.Desktop.Modules.Contacts.IWInteraction.IIWInteractionContent class on WDE login, and that replacement class returns ****** for the content of the phone number field instead of the real value.

This allows the agent to see everything relevant for the previous interactions except the phone number.

I realise that it does not cover every scenario that the OP and others have asked for, but maybe it can be used or extended...

BR
    Anders

Code snippets:
    ----------------

Overriding the interaction content class:
    try
    {
    this.container.RegisterType<Genesyslab.Desktop.Modules.Contacts.IWInteraction.IIWInteractionContent, Acme.MyWorkspaceCustomisation.IWInteractionContent>();
    IIWInteractionContent iwic = this.container.Resolve<IIWInteractionContent>();
    if( iwic != null )
    {
    log.InfoFormat( "viewEventHandler(): Container now has this version of IWInteractionContent [{0}]", iwic.GetType() );
    }
    }
    catch( Exception ex )
    {
    log.Error( "viewEventHandler(): IWInteractionContent override failed", ex );
    }

The replacement interaction content class:

public class IWInteractionContent : Genesyslab.Desktop.Modules.Contacts.IWInteraction.IWInteractionContent, IIWInteractionContent, INotifyPropertyChanged
    {
    const string udRecognitionKey = "UD_Recognition_CED";
    const string udRecognitionReplacement = "*******";
    private readonly ILogger log;

public new InteractionAttributes InteractionAttributes
    {
    get { return base.InteractionAttributes; }
    set
    {
    try
    {
    InteractionAttributes interactionAttributes = value;

// Mask the recognition attribute if present
    if ( interactionAttributes != null &&
    interactionAttributes.AllAttributes != null &&
    interactionAttributes.AllAttributes.ContainsKey( udRecognitionKey ) )
    {
    string udRecognitionCed = interactionAttributes.AllAttributes[ udRecognitionKey ] as string;
    log.InfoFormat( "InteractionAttributes.Set: {0} value is [{1}]", udRecognitionKey, udRecognitionCed );
    interactionAttributes.AllAttributes.Remove( udRecognitionKey );
    interactionAttributes.AllAttributes.Add( udRecognitionKey, udRecognitionReplacement );
    log.InfoFormat( "InteractionAttributes.Set: {0} value is now {1}", udRecognitionKey, udRecognitionReplacement );
    }

base.InteractionAttributes = interactionAttributes;
    }
    catch ( Exception e )
    {
    log.ErrorFormat( "InteractionAttributes.Set: Error [{0}]", e );
    }
    }
    }

Anders Vejen
    Nuuday A/S

• 16.  RE: WDE Customisation - hiding the customers number from the agent

Posted 09-09-2020 20:30
    For clarity Tiago, what the problems with using roles? 
    If some agents should have it, and others should not, then you can assign them to two different Access Groups and then assign the correct access group to the correct role.
    Or alternatively, you can have your base access group for all agents, assigned to the base WDE role without the My History, and then create a supplementary access group and also add the agents that should have My History to this Access Group, with this Access Group assigned to a new role which just has the My History enabled.

Jason McLennan
    Commonwealth Bank of Australia

• 17.  RE: WDE Customisation - hiding the customers number from the agent

Posted 09-15-2020 06:41
    Hi all,

apologies for the delay and thank you for coming back to me with views/ideas and options. Our PS team tried a few, and they will go ahead with simplest possible.
    We were trying to achieve the objective without using "roles" as we are (anyways) creating a different Genesys WDE app object as we will be manipulating the customer CLIs whenever a call comes in. We seem now to have found a solution, and customer is OK with us using roles to hide the CLI in some areas, and the WDE object for others.

thank you again for all the help, we will come back if required with further queries,
    Cheers all, StaySafe ;)

Tiago​

Tiago Silva
    Conn3ct

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources