Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to limit the number of Router-Seat licenses URS checks out.

Posted 09-13-2019 14:14
    I need to limit the number of router-seats that a URS checks out at startup from the license manager. What is the option for this? By default, URS will check out 9999 licenses. This is fine if you have unlimited router-seat licenses. But if you have less than 9999 total licenses and you run multiple URSs, the first one will take all the licenses. In my particular situation, I have multiple URSs that must share a pool of licenses that is less than 9999. So I need to limit each one accordingly.

I tried creating a "License" section, similar to what is used with a SIP Server, but no luck.

Thanks
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Implementation
    #PlatformAdministration

------------------------------
    David Starnes
    Voxai Solutions Inc.

• 2.  RE: How to limit the number of Router-Seat licenses URS checks out.

Posted 09-16-2019 09:57
    I think I found the answer. I discovered this through observation. It seems that only one URS checks out router-seat licenses and then all other URSs share the licenses. I came to this conclusion based on a few things. 

1. There was a case that indicated that URSs are in a cluster. 
    2. As of URS v8.1.400.33 the default checkout of licenses is raised from 9999 to 1000000
    3. As of URS v8.1.400.33 there is a new command line parameter -licnum that allows for limiting the number of licenses checked out by URS
    4. Router-Seat licenses are used by URS when an agent logs in.
    4. Performed a manual stop of each of my URSs in an environment and observed that only one  URS ever checked out licenses at one time.

Based on the above, I now understand that the approach to router-seat licenses does not work the same as it does for SDN licenses on a SIP Server. Instead, it is a single checkout by one of the URSs in an environment. And through some communication path (probably Msg Svr), they all share the checkout pool.

Based on this new understanding, my issue is resolved. I do not need to limit each URS individually. Instead, I leave them configured equaly and then as they restart they take turns managing the licenses.

David Starnes
    Voxai Solutions Inc.

• 3.  RE: How to limit the number of Router-Seat licenses URS checks out.

Posted 09-17-2019 11:28
    If you have multiple URS the correct way is to intruct which URS should monitor which RP. This is done by creating an Annex option with the name of your URS server name and the option event_arrive = none for the URS you don't want to take control over that RP.

The URS option name which has control will have the common values for strategy name and loaded options done by IRD for example.

Jorge Cornejo
    VS Telecom LTDA.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources