Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View

New Email Interaction in WDE

• 1.  New Email Interaction in WDE

Posted 10-13-2020 10:21
    Hello All,

I am wondering if it is possible to programmatically open new Email Interaction Window in WDE to allow agent to prepare new outbound Email message. I've added one menu button to WorkspaceMenuRegion named "New message". After clicking this button I would like the new Email Interaction Window to be displayed. Additionally I would like to add a few attached data to the newly created Email Interaction before the window will be displayed. Is it possible? If yes, could you explain how I could prepare such a solution?

Actually I managed to prepare one solution, but it is not working properly. What I do is:
    1. RequestSubmit to InteractionServer
    2. RequestChangeProperties to InteractionServer (I'm adding attached data here)
    3. RequestInsertInteraction to UCS
    4. RequestPlaceInWorkbin to InteractionServer
    5. Execute chain of command InteractionEmailActionFromWorkbinPullById (this one opens the Email Interaction window)
    This solution creates new email interaction and opens it in the new window, however there is one problem with it. As a parameter of RequestInsertInteraction I have to provide empty InteractionContent. Because of this, in the Email Interaction Window, the body of a message does not contain footer with an agent's signature - which is required unfortunately. That's why I need some kind of native way of preparing the new outbound interaction with possibility to add some attached data to it.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards
    Eryk Schubert
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Implementation

------------------------------
    Eryk Schubert
    NTT Poland sp. z o.o
    ------------------------------

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources