Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  ARM and Audio Resoruce iD (AriD)

Posted 10-10-2019 03:39
    Hi,

Please, excuse if this question has already been answered. The problem that I am trying to solve is integration between
    ARM and Media Server.

The background is:

1. I am successful in setting up basic integration between Media Server and GAX ARM, but it doesn't work through Audio resource parameters type.
    2.  How it works is the old way of integration with Media Server i.e. you use filepath. Upload file through ARM , an Arid , and a filename with file path will be created. Something like : Arid-->1000   Filename: 1100011. And, you use actual file path to tell media server which file to play.
    3. In IRD or in Composer in text parameter you use this path to tell to media server which file to play and file path to use.
    This works but the problem I see is, this is not a best way to do it. There is no use of audio resource parameter type and in OPM it looks confusing because what you see in parameters (of string type) something like; announcements\1100010, which tells you nothing about the treatment you are using. You have to go back to ARM to know the treatment details.

When I tried to use Audio Resource Parameter , the parameter points to Arid, and if you pass Arid in any treatment function
     "initid" in IRD and Composer. Media Server doesn't understand this and replies with ,"Resource not found". I feel there must a way of specifying integration between GAX and Media Server  through GAX URL and we can pass Arid as parameter but clueless where and how.

Please, note I know in call flow development there is a Prompt function which lets specify GAX details but I didn't see anything similar in IRD or Composer(workflow development).

Again, please excuse if this is a trivial question, point to the documentation and I will look for it.
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Saurabh Chopra

• 2.  RE: ARM and Audio Resoruce iD (AriD)

Posted 10-17-2019 18:30
    Hi Saurabh,
    A few things to consider:
    • If your using Single Session Treatments in Composer, use the Play Sound module.  If your not, then you use Play Message or Play Music.
    • When selecting an audio resource in a Paramater Group, at least in our environment, only the ARID is recorded, not the full filename.  This makes sense as it allows callflows to be common between personalities and/or tenants.
    • You'll need to construct the full audio path for any of these modules. If your using Play Sound, you can use ARM as the Sound Type and it provides a dialogue box to assist with this.
    • The full path will be along the lines of BasePath(including music or announcement) + TenantID + ARID + PersonalityID
    Hope that helps.

Jason McLennan
    Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources