Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Platform SDK Barge and Coach

Posted 09-16-2019 16:23
    I'm looking for any documentation around the supervisor Barge and Coaching functionality using only the Platform SDK (v8.5). We have a Cisco T-server, and our application uses .NET and C# to make calls to the SDK.

I think the solution will be some kind of extension data on top of the usual RequestMakeCall method. I even see there is a MakeCallType of SupervisorAssist. Perhaps it is as easy as making a call with this MakeCallType -- but then how would you choose to Coach vs Barge?

Thanks for your help!
    Jeff
    #Integrations

• 2.  RE: Platform SDK Barge and Coach

GENESYS
    Posted 09-17-2019 09:50
    Jeff,

Check out these docs: https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/PSDK/9.0.x/TlibRef/TMonitorNextCall

I think you'll need to use a combination of RequestMonitorNextCall and RequestSetMuteOff/On to control whether you are in coaching mode or barge-in mode.  With RequestSetMuteOn/Off you can specify the DN, so for barge-in you can mute the agent and unmute the supervisor.

Hope that helps.

------------------------------
    Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 3.  RE: Platform SDK Barge and Coach

Posted 09-17-2019 10:32
    ​Hmm. How would I Coach? Such that the agent can hear the supervisor, but the customer cannot? Are there any extension libraries for this? Perhaps a vendor-specific DLL that is needed to send a RequestCreateCall with special extension properties? I'm tempted to just packet cap the queries/events from Workspace Desktop if I can't find docs/binaries needed to do this the official way.

Jeff Collell
    Fisher Investments

• 4.  RE: Platform SDK Barge and Coach

GENESYS
    Posted 09-17-2019 11:26
    That's funny.  I was just going to suggest that you use WDE to perform your use case and then dig into the TServer/SIPServer log file for that ConnID and figure out what requests are being made and events generated.

I've asked engineering to explain to me how they implemented barge-in and coaching in the Genesys Web Services.  If/when I get that info back, I'll share it with you.

Jim Crespino
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Platform SDK Barge and Coach

Posted 09-17-2019 11:31
    Wonderful, thank you! Unfortunately I don't have much server access in our environment. I'm guessing it's platform dependent since not all voice platforms support selective mute.​

Jeff Collell
    Fisher Investments

• 6.  RE: Platform SDK Barge and Coach

GENESYS
    Posted 09-17-2019 12:36
    Jeff,

Maybe this will help...

For barge in:

Monitoring Scope is enum:

export type MonitoringScope =
         'Call'
       | 'Agent';

export type MonitoringNextCallType =

'OneCall'
       | 'AllCalls';

export type MonitorMode =
         'Mute'
       | 'Coach'
       | 'Connect';

Hopefully that will get you on your way.  Let me know.

Jim Crespino
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Platform SDK Barge and Coach

Posted 09-17-2019 13:21
    We're an all-Windows shop, so unfortunately we can't use Web Services, and I'm essentially writing that layer on top of the Platform SDK. I tried to translate your example to C# and this is what I came up with:

private void switchMonitorMode(string dn, ConnectionId connId, string monitoringScope, string monitoringMode)
    {
        RequestQueryCall requestQueryCall = RequestQueryCall.Create(dn, connId, CallInfoType.PartiesQuery);
        IMessage responsePartyInfo = serverProtocol.Request(requestQueryCall);
        EventPartyInfo callParties = (EventPartyInfo)responsePartyInfo;
        if (callParties.Extensions["MonitorMode"].ToString() == "Connect")
        {
           RequestSetMuteOn request = RequestSetMuteOn.Create(dn, connId);
           request.Extensions.Add("MonitorScope", monitoringScope); // must be "Call" or "Agent"
           request.Extensions.Add("MonitorMode", monitoringMode); // must be "Mute", "Coach", or "Connect"
           IMessage responseMuteOn = serverProtocol.Request(request);
           // TODO: handle response
        }
        else
        {
           RequestSetMuteOff request = RequestSetMuteOff.Create(dn, connId);
           request.Extensions.Add("MonitorScope", monitoringScope); // must be "Call" or "Agent"
           request.Extensions.Add("MonitorMode", monitoringMode); // must be "Mute", "Coach", or "Connect"
           IMessage responseMuteOff = serverProtocol.Request(request);
           // TODO: handle response
        }
    }

My testing environment is currently unavailable, so I'm not yet able to test this code myself. I'm not actually sure if a PartiesQuery will return an extension with key "MonitorMode". I was just trying to mimic your javascript code.

I'll let you know once I'm able to test this. Your assistance has been really valuable, thanks!

Jeff Collell
    Fisher Investments

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources