Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to read out Genesys version of every component under Linux?

Posted 08-12-2019 06:15
    Is there an easy way to read out the version of every Genesys component under Linux?

Maybe mlcmd utility is capable of that?
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Sascha Gagalon
    Dimension Data Germany AG & Co. KG

• 2.  RE: How to read out Genesys version of every component under Linux?

Posted 08-13-2019 22:47
    Not sure about MLCND sorry.
    And of course we'd never query the config database so we'll ignore that option :)
    Presuming you have GAX installed though, using the undocumented API's might be a valid option, depending what your trying to do with the output exactly.  Once you've logged in to GAX, you can go to https://<gax host>/gax/api/cfg/objects/?type=CfgApplication and it'll give you a nice JSON output of all applications, including their versions, statuses, etc.
    Of course, you could also use the official SDKs to do the same.
    GAX has a few nice APIs that you can see being used when running your browser in developer mode if you want to utilise them (in a totally unsupported manner of course).

Jason McLennan
    Commonwealth Bank of Australia

• 3.  RE: How to read out Genesys version of every component under Linux?

Posted 08-14-2019 01:39
    Very nice idea with the API. I will definitely play around with this. Thank you very much.
    But are you sure that this will not also query the config database information?

Sascha Gagalon

• 4.  RE: How to read out Genesys version of every component under Linux?

Posted 08-14-2019 05:08

It wont read from the config database directly.  GAX will get the info from Config Server and it should have the info in memory.

The mention around querying the config databse is that of course Genesys will tell you (or at least they use to), that you should never interact with the config db directly, because of course the information you seek is in there as well.

************** IMPORTANT MESSAGE *****************************
    This e-mail message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information which may be
    confidential.
    If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender by return email, do not use or
    disclose the contents, and delete the message and any attachments from your system. Unless
    specifically indicated, this email does not constitute formal advice or commitment by the sender
    or the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL and Australian credit licence 234945)
    or its subsidiaries.
    We can be contacted through our web site: commbank.com.au.
    If you no longer wish to receive commercial electronic messages from us, please reply to this
    e-mail by typing Unsubscribe in the subject line.

• 5.  RE: How to read out Genesys version of every component under Linux?

Posted 08-14-2019 05:15

Yes I know. But especially with Linux there is quite some chance that the version information in the config db is not the version of the process which is actually running. So I would not rely on this either.

So it seems that the GAX API is really what I need.

I already did some promising tests on my test system and will now head to the customers system. :-)

Thanks a lot Jason!

Sascha Gagalon

• 6.  RE: How to read out Genesys version of every component under Linux?

Posted 08-14-2019 07:33
    I have to correct myself.
    In my tests I have seen the the Genesys process which is started writes its own version into the config db.
    I hope this is true for all components and all DBs and Operating Systems.

Sascha Gagalon

• 7.  RE: How to read out Genesys version of every component under Linux?

Posted 09-17-2020 11:05
    Hi @Jason McLennan, is there a documentation about GAX API where I can see all options like  ​you mentioned for: https://<gax host>/gax/api/cfg/objects/?type=CfgApplication

Thank you!

Ighor Toth
    AT&T (formerly SBC)

• 8.  RE: How to read out Genesys version of every component under Linux?

Posted 09-17-2020 19:42

Hi Ighor,

No, as mentioned this is undocumented private APIs.  You can work out whats being called by using the likes of DevTools in your browser and if you know your PSDK objects, you can probably hazard a good guess around most of the object URLs.

Will repeat that this is not a supported method from Genesys, so use at your own risk and I wouldn't be building any production level solutions around it.

Regards,

Jason

************** IMPORTANT MESSAGE *****************************
    This e-mail message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information which may be
    confidential.
    If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender by return email, do not use or
    disclose the contents, and delete the message and any attachments from your system. Unless
    specifically indicated, this email does not constitute formal advice or commitment by the sender
    or the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL and Australian credit licence 234945)
    or its subsidiaries.
    We can be contacted through our web site: commbank.com.au.
    If you no longer wish to receive commercial electronic messages from us, please reply to this
    e-mail by typing Unsubscribe in the subject line.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources