Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Screen Recording Agent Desktop

Posted 01-09-2020 11:12
    Hello,

I'll implement Screen Recording in one of our customers and I got some questions. Probably you can assist me here:

They are asking me the following:

1. It is visible for the agent? <- I know that the answer is yes, but it is possible to remove this mark or red message that the screen is being recorded?
    2. At this moment I got the configuration to record all, so I'm recording the whole screen, even two screen, but it is possible to specify when they want to record? Probably with the recordingwhen options, but what option or value do I have to use or which options are available to use?

Thank you.
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Implementation
    #PlatformAdministration
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Sebastian Valenzuela
    CrossNet S.A.

• 2.  RE: Screen Recording Agent Desktop

GENESYS
    Posted 01-10-2020 09:49
    Hi Sebastian,

I will try to find someone on the screen recording team who can answer your questions. Can you confirm which versions of GIR and Workspace Agent Desktop your are using? It will help me to find the right person.

Matthew West
    Staff Technical Writer
    Genesys Laboratories

• 3.  RE: Screen Recording Agent Desktop

GENESYS
    Posted 01-17-2020 10:50
    Hi Sebastian,

I've checked with the SRS team and they've provided the following information in regards to your questions:

Is it visible for the agent?

The short answer is no – there is no specific indicator for SRS to let the agent know the screen is being recorded. But the agent might see an indicator that the voice call is being recorded. If the agent's workstation has SRS installed and the voice call is being recorded, the screen recording will typically start, stop, pause, and resume in tandem with the voice recording. But this would also depend on how the options for the site have been configured, as not all voice call recordings will necessarily trigger screen recording.

What option or value do I have to use or which options are available to use?

Please refer to the following page for details about the advanced configuration options available for SRS:
    https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/CR/latest/Solution/SRC-Adv

This page contains reference tables listing the parameters that can be configured for SRS either locally or in GAX (including recordingWhen). These can be used to define the various conditions that will trigger screen recording.

Hope this helps, please let us know if you have any further questions.

Brian Marshall
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources