Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  GIA / GAAP Point GIA at existing FlexNet that is Running on another Server

Posted 08-06-2019 14:26
    I have installed a GIA 9.0 instance along side an existing GIA 3.6 instance. These are both lab instances. There is a FlexNet instance running on the GIA 3.6 host. I want to configure the GIA 9.0 GUI instance so that it gets its licenses from the FlexNet on this other host, instead of trying to get the licenses from a local instance of FlexNet. 

To this end, I have modified both the fish-gui-local.properties and fish.properties files and add/updated the option License.ServerPath=27000@aslabwin07 (where aslabwin07 is the host name for the existing FlexNet instance)

After restarting FishGUI service, I attempt a login and get the message

"Sorry, the license for this componenet has expired..."

Looking deeper into the log files (fish-license), I see just this one message

"2019-08-06 10:39:59,554 Failed to check out GUI license on server "Default Admin Server" (id 3, hostname: localhost)"

Based on this message, it appears that the GUI is attempting to contact localhost instead of aslabwin07. So my question is where to I configure the host name and port for the license server I want to use?
    #DigitalChannels
    #Implementation
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    David Starnes
    Voxai Solutions Inc.

• 2.  RE: GIA / GAAP Point GIA at existing FlexNet that is Running on another Server

Posted 08-07-2019 09:46
    David,

According to the documentation I can find, the way you're attempting to set licensing is appropriate.  This would be where I would recommend you open a ticket and ask Genesys why their application software isn't following the documented steps to proceed.

#
    # Basic server details
    #
    # The server ID must point to the corresponding entry in the 'servers'
    # database table.
    #
    # The value below will be used for unit tests, but you should override
    # it in a fish-local.properties or fish-(gui|vui|sms)-local.properties
    # file.
    #
    ThisServer.ID=1
    License.ServerPath=27000@LOCALHOST

Ivan Ullmann
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 3.  RE: GIA / GAAP Point GIA at existing FlexNet that is Running on another Server

Posted 08-07-2019 09:54
    Ivan,

Thanks for the confirmation. I opened a ticket this morning. I will add to the ticket and ask specifically about the documented process in the config files.

David Starnes
    Voxai Solutions Inc.

David Starnes
    Voxai Solutions Inc.

• 4.  RE: GIA / GAAP Point GIA at existing FlexNet that is Running on another Server

Posted 03-17-2021 09:19
    Hello David

did you solve this issue I am facing the same behavior now please let me know if you have answer to this 
    amr.ashour@istnetworks.com

Thanks

Ahmed Sadek
    IST Egypt

• 5.  RE: GIA / GAAP Point GIA at existing FlexNet that is Running on another Server

Posted 03-17-2021 09:29
    Ahmed,

No, I never got this to work. In the end, I had to get a license file that was keyed to the specific GIA/GAAP host. 

David

David Starnes
    Voxai Solutions Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources