Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  WDE Custom Command

Posted 08-06-2019 11:48
    Hello,

I have been customizing WDE to replace the current message box which is generated when the application is close by clicking the 'x'.
    So far I have managed to create a new message box containing my new message but the old one still populates, so the advisor is prompted twice to confirm they want to exit.
    My 'command' class looks to be fine so I believe it is the module class where I should try to code it to capture that action.  I can see documents which describe chain of commands but without trying multiple command or command chains it is not clear which one references the message box I am trying to replace.

This is what I have tried:
    1) this code adds my message box after original message.

commandManager.CommandsByName["MediaVoiceLogOff"].Insert(0,
                            new CommandActivator()
                            {
                                CommandType = typeof(BeforeLogoutCommand),
                                Name = "BeforeLogoutCommand"
                            });

2) the code below does the same.

commandManager.InsertCommandToChainOfCommandBefore(
                    "ApplicationClose", "ChannelsLogOff",
                    new List<CommandActivator>() {
                        new CommandActivator()
                        {
                            CommandType = typeof(BeforeLogoutCommand),
                            Name = "BeforeLogoutCommand"
                        }});

#Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

------------------------------
    WA

• 2.  RE: WDE Custom Command
    Best Answer

Posted 08-07-2019 17:24
    Hi Wasim,

If you only want to customise the message box text, the simplest method is to follow the localisation guide: Customizing the Wording of an Existing Language

You can identify the string in the relevant xml files in the WDE Languages folder.  In your case I think you'd want something like the below in your custom.en-US.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <Dictionary CustomDictionary="true" EnglishName="English" CultureName="English" Culture="en-US">
      <Value Id="Windows.ToolbarView.MessageBox.CloseApplicationWithoutInteractions" String="Are you sure that you want to log off all channels and exit the application?"/>
    <Value Id="Windows.ToolbarView.MessageBox.CloseApplicationWithoutInteractions2" String="Are you sure that you want to log off all channels and exit the application? This operation will clear any former active call!"/>
    <Value Id="Windows.ToolbarView.MessageBox.CloseApplicationWithoutActiveInteractions" String="Are you sure that you want to close all cases and exit the application?"/>
    <Value Id="Windows.ToolbarView.MessageBox.CloseApplicationWithActiveInteractions" String="There are some active interactions. Please close all active interactions before exiting the application."/>
    <Value Id="Windows.ToolbarView.MessageBox.CloseApplicationWithoutActiveInteractionsWithActiveCall" String="This operation will clear any active call. Are you sure you want to continue?"/>
    </Dictionary>

Jason Mclennan
    Commonwealth Bank of Australia

• 3.  RE: WDE Custom Command

Posted 08-08-2019 07:02
    thanks Jason, that worked.
    I did not think to use the localisation document but it definitely provides easier options than customisations to change out of the box options.

WA

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources