Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  WDE 8.5: Is there a way to mute dedicated paths in conference scenarios using TLIB/SIP-Server

Posted 10-27-2021 09:11
    Hello,

I have following use case.

When I receive a call, I start a silent conference to a third party DN (external phone number) using TSingleStepConference and set this added party to mute using a TPrivateService request.
    So the customer who calls in and the agent who accepted the call cannot hear the third party which was added into the conference.

Now I'd like also to achieve that the added third party can only hear the customer but not the agent. Is there a way to achieve this via WDE/SIP-EP SDK?
    I did not find a way using any PSDK request to achieve this and did also not find any way on the SIP-EP interface which would support this.

Best regards,
    Uzay

#Implementation
    #SIP/VolP

------------------------------
    BR,
    Uzay

• 2.  RE: WDE 8.5: Is there a way to mute dedicated paths in conference scenarios using TLIB/SIP-Server

GENESYS
    Posted 11-03-2021 06:15
    Edited by Sandhya Ravindran 11-03-2021 06:15

Hi Uzay,

Thanks for contacting us. It may not be possible that the added third party can only hear the customer but not the agent. However, we encourage you to (or have an administrator from your organization) login to the Genesys Customer Care website and open a support request to get further insights on this matter. Here is also a page that lists all the features of SIP Server which might help you in identifying some features to suit your requirements.

Regards,

Sandhya Ravindran
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: WDE 8.5: Is there a way to mute dedicated paths in conference scenarios using TLIB/SIP-Server

Posted 11-04-2021 08:13
    Hi Uzay,

Our team face something similar. In our case dev team develop a custom dll for WDE, when agent invoke conference, it sent  a TPrivateService request to "mute" agent leg.
    I think, You could add a normal mute command to the chain, so it mute agent mic, it will make you archive the functionality partially because the agent still can change the mute status. Perhaps, adding some code to monitor agent events to keep the mute on until conference end could work.

Regards,
    Saugort Garcia

Saugort García
    Interacciones Inteligentes S.A.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources