Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Outbound asynchronous chat

Posted 06-11-2019 08:55
    Hi all,
    one of our customers is evaluating the adoption of the new asynchronous chat with GMS on a mobile app.
    They're investigating on several features to verify users requirements compliance and they asked us for an "unexpected" question: they'd like to understand if they can initiate a new chat session starting from the agent, instead of the customer side, as it is more usual.

The following is an example of use case:
    - a customer has already launched a chat with the contact center (so, the customer has been already registered within UCS);
    - the chat has finished;
    - after some days, an agent would like to contact the customer;
    - through WDE, the  agent search for the customer's history;
    - once selected one of the previous chats, the agent can initiate a new chat session through a mouse right-click, for example.
    By the way, the behavior described is the same that could be used in a FB Messenger chat using WDE.
    Of course, the strong assumption is that the customer uses the custom app (to be developed) to communicate with Genesys Chat (through GMS).
    In any case, I don't think this scenario could be feasible because it would require that, using GMS, Genesys WDE is able to create a new chat session and to send a push notification to the customer mobile phone to informe him about a new message, in a new session. And it does not seem to me that GMS allows this.

Is there anyone out of here that has already had a similar requirement? What do you think about this?
    Any hints and tips would be very appreciated.

Best regards

#DigitalChannels

------------------------------
    Giuliano Ferri
    Indra Italia spa

• 2.  RE: Outbound asynchronous chat

Posted 06-12-2019 18:18
    To begin with, haven't tried anything like this, but sounds like it might be feasible these days.

If I were you I'd look at the Chat Business Process sample to see how it's handling it for Whatsapp and maybe you can reverse engineer it for your use case.  You'll also need a customisation for WDE I'd imagine.

Sorry, not a lot of help, but hopefully some thoughts.

Jason Mclennan
    Commonwealth Bank of Australia

• 3.  RE: Outbound asynchronous chat

Posted 06-13-2019 01:31
    Hello Jason,
    many thanks for your reply, very useful.

I was aware that outbound chat is allowed on WhatsApp channel, even if with some limitation imposed by WhatsApp itself. But from a technical point of view, it is possible. And the same applies to Messenger, as I wrote in my original post.
    I was not aware, by now, about a web chat or, better, a chat established through GMS.
    The release note you highlighted is quite interesting: "Chat Server now supports outbound chat sessions which were introduced in messaging channels like WhatsApp and others. (CHAT-3426)". It sounds like they're extending this kind of feature to the standard chat server and hence to other channels, maybe.

We have to investigate better to understand if the mobile channel is included in this enhancement (I found that many new features Genesys is introducing on chat are strictly dependent on the channel used).

Any other hint or suggestion would be welcome.
    Best regards

Giuliano Ferri
    Indra Italia spa

• 4.  RE: Outbound asynchronous chat

Posted 06-09-2020 05:14
    Hi All
    Has anybody all ready did outbound (Async) chat via GMS.
    If yes can you share how!

Thanks in advanced 
    Best regards 
    Marko Konieczny
    Achmea

Marko Konieczny
    Achmea IT

• 5.  RE: Outbound asynchronous chat

Posted 06-10-2020 02:26
    Hi Marko,
    I have no update since my last post. This feature is available on some channels such as WhatsApp (paying a HMS indeed to WhatsApp) and Messenger. I added a product idea in the dedicated portal but I think it was not considered.
    Best regards,

Giuliano Ferri
    Indra Italia spa

• 6.  RE: Outbound asynchronous chat

Posted 06-10-2020 03:49
    Hi Giuliano

Ok thanks.

Greetings Marko

Marko Konieczny
    Achmea IT

• 7.  RE: Outbound asynchronous chat

GENESYS
    Posted 07-16-2020 15:10
    Hi, Giuliano, thanks for your update.  Creating an outbound session is also available in Apple Business Chat.

Veit Irtenkauf
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources