Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Use two separate ORS/URS HA pairs on the same system

Posted 04-23-2020 05:55
    Hi,
    We have the system that have SIP Server and Avaya TSAPI T-Server (for Avaya CM Switch, that all agents are connected).
    For the development team, we want to create the independent ORS/URS servers (sometimes they will need to restart them, independent, more detailed log files, ....).
    Does somebody have any experience with such an environment? 
    Does it make some problems for the "production" environment?
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Implementation
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Best regards,

Yvgeni Liberman
    ITNavPro

• 2.  RE: Use two separate ORS/URS HA pairs on the same system

Posted 04-28-2020 10:42
    You can have separate ORS clusters for each TServer, but all nodes within the cluster must be connected to the same TServer(s).
    ORS nodes can have their own URS, but would require agent reservation to be enabled.
    I'm not clear on what your target architecture that your thinking might look like though, and we arent running mixed switches, so cant comment on suitability.  But at a high level if you want ORS cluster A for SIP Server with URS A, and ORS Cluster B for Avaya TServer with URS B, then I wouldnt see any issues.

Jason McLennan
    Commonwealth Bank of Australia

• 3.  RE: Use two separate ORS/URS HA pairs on the same system

Posted 05-11-2020 13:13
    Jason,
    Many thanks for Your answer,
    Maybe I didn't explain it well, I need to connect 2 independent ORS/URS servers (one for Production and one for development/tests) to the same T-Servers.
    All agents are connected to the "Avaya "TSAPI T-Server"  and SIP Server we are using for the GVP connection.
    Does it possible to do this?

Best regards,

Yvgeni Liberman
    ITNavPro

• 4.  RE: Use two separate ORS/URS HA pairs on the same system

Posted 05-11-2020 19:56
    I'm going to leave aside for a moment that its a bad idea to mix prod and non-prod environments :)

I've not used it, but you can use DN Level options on the RP to specify which ORchestration cluster should handle these calls.  Check out the options here:
    https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/OS/latest/Deployment/DNLevel

Jason McLennan
    Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources