Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Virtual Queue search in Teamcommunicator WDE

Posted 02-06-2020 01:47
    Hi,

Is it possible to search for virtual queue in teamcommunicator in WDE? We are working on a POC to transfer the chat interaction on virtual queue rather than skills. 
    I searched for the Virtual queue in teamcommunicator and can see below in WDE logs:

Query object type: CFGDN

Query filters:

Key: tenant_dbid, Value: 101

Key: dn_type, Value: CFGACDQueue

Key: switch_dbid, Value: 136

Key: dn_number, Value: Chat_Service_Retail_OS_VQ

Key: state, Value: CFGEnabled

ExtraKey: object_path, Value: 0

ExtraKey: read_folder_dbid, Value: 0

It searches for CFGACDQueue, which makes me wonder we can only search for ACD queues in teamcommunicator. And for chat or email, only option to transfer are Interaction Queue, Skills and Agent Groups.

#DigitalChannels
    #Implementation

------------------------------
    Shivani Katyal

• 2.  RE: Virtual Queue search in Teamcommunicator WDE
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 02-06-2020 11:12
    Hi Shivani,

As far as I am aware of, Virtual Queues cannot receive interactions, and they are meant to be used only for reporting purposes.

If you wanted to transfer chat interactions to a Virtual Queue in order to have some statistics, then you would have to create an association between a target (Agent Group, for example) and a Virtual Queue using a Routing Application.

Hope that helps,

Rafael Marciano

• 3.  RE: Virtual Queue search in Teamcommunicator WDE

Posted 02-06-2020 18:26
    Hi Rafael,

I think i didn't explain it correctly, I need to transfer to VQ from WDE only while in the Routing i will be building up code to transfer on skill. 
    So my VQ is [Skill_Name]_VQ. I want to search for VQ in WDE, transfer to VQ and from Routing, transfer the interaction on skill.
    My Problem is [Skill_Name]_VQ is not visible on teamcommunicator, so want to understand is it WDE feature or not for teamcommunicator to search VQ? 
    I have looked into WDE deployment guide and couldn't find anything on it.

Regards,
    Shivani Katyal

Shivani Katyal
    ANZ Bank

• 4.  RE: Virtual Queue search in Teamcommunicator WDE

Posted 02-07-2020 10:22
    VQ can't be used for routing...they are entirely meant for Reporting as Marciano indicated (teacher is that you?), you use them inside a Strategies as a reporting target only to know how many interactions went to that specific target associated maybe with a Skill.
    You can't load a strategy to a VQ. Period.

type = RoutingPoint is not the same as VQ, the Queue category embraces RP and VQ and Queue Group only. Don't confuse the terms.

You transfer to a RP and the RP based on KVPs that you can annex on WDE, you decide what to do with the Routing on that interaction, go to VQ1 or VQ2 (target A or Target B with their respective VQs associated) but never to a VQ directly

Jorge Cornejo
    VS Telecom LTDA.

• 5.  RE: Virtual Queue search in Teamcommunicator WDE

Posted 02-09-2020 07:43
    check this option out on agent/agent group or Application.

teamcommunicator.list-filter-showing
    Default Value: Agent,AgentGroup,Skill,RoutingPoint,InteractionQueue,Contact,CustomContact

thats all you can do -

VQ's cannot be transferred to directly like others have stated. It must be a RP (IXN Q if a chat/email session). why not setup a transfer IXN Q target based on skill and add a then you have a seperate tranfer VQ to separate your stats. Also you can control priority for these transferred calls.

Sean Mahon
    Telstra Corporation Ltd

• 6.  RE: Virtual Queue search in Teamcommunicator WDE

Posted 02-07-2020 03:41
    Edited by prem singh 02-07-2020 03:53
    ​Hi,

In Agent or SAG level you can configure Transfer lists with VQ and add them in favorites to transfer call to VQ but it this setting will depend in our current routing. May be you have to implement or change your existing routing. Need to check the same.

[interaction-workspace]
    teamcommunicator.corporate-favorites = X (Route Point)

[X]
    category = transfer
    display-name = Name of your service or target VQ
    id = X
    type = RoutingPoint

With Regards,
    Prem

Prem Singh Parihar
    Orange SA

• 7.  RE: Virtual Queue search in Teamcommunicator WDE

GENESYS
    Posted 02-11-2020 07:28
    Shivani,

Like Prem mentioned in his post, you can use the options he mentioned, but keep in mind that even using the options above (Reference link: https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/IW/latest/Dep/TeamCommunicatorOptions), in practice you are not transferring the interaction to the Virtual Queue; you are transferring the interaction to a Route Point DN, which must have, in its Routing logic, the association between an Agent Group / Skill Expression and the desired Virtual Queue.

Alternatively, you can create an Alias for the Routing Point you want to transfer the interaction to and give it a name that suits your needs.

And Jorge... yes that's me :)

Cheers,

Rafael Marciano

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources