Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Composer - Use variable to specify name of SCXML file to execute

Posted 02-04-2021 03:45
    I am trying to find a solution for the following - a call enters my main SCXML routing script, and depending on a number of criteria (ANI, DNIS, caller segment) I want to set a variable that specifies the URI of the SCXML file to execute, and invoke the SCXML file specified by that variable. Since a Subroutine block in Composer does accept a variable as the value of the URI parameter, and the SCXML <xi:include> does not accept a variable (other than session variable) as the value of the href argument, there seems to be no straightforward way of doing this.

The two obvious work arounds are 

1. Use a Branching block that segments on the value of the variable and connect each exit of that Branching block to a Subroutine block that calls the appropriate SCXML.
    2. Create separate routing points for each SCXML file I want to execute, set the value of the variable equal to the appropriate routing point, and use the variable in a Force Route block to route the call to that routing point.
    However, because of the large number of target SCXML files involved neither of these is my preferred solution. 

Is there any other way to invoke an SCXML file with the URI specified by a variable?
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Ferry Blaazer
    Prime Contact BV

• 2.  RE: Composer - Use variable to specify name of SCXML file to execute

Posted 02-07-2021 16:15
    Hi Ferry, dont think your going to find a way to do it with the standard Subroutine block.  As it needs to map the input parameters, it makes sense it cant use a variabalised (sic) URI.  You might be able to achieve something with a custom SCXML state block, but I think would ultimately harm the readability of your composer flow.  As it is its purpose, I think ultimately you'd want to use the Branching block.  How many are you trying to split in to?

Jason McLennan
    Commonwealth Bank of Australia

• 3.  RE: Composer - Use variable to specify name of SCXML file to execute

Posted 02-08-2021 02:05
    Hi Jason, thanks for your response. I did try using a custom SCXML block but that didn't work out because that would require using <xi:include> to include the target document, but the href argument for <xi:include> can not be a variable either (I guess that is the underlying reason why the Subroutine block doesn't accept a variable in the first place). It's about 40 subroutines I want to branch out, but I guess you're right that using a Branching block may be the best solution.

Ferry Blaazer
    Prime Contact BV

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources