Workforce Engagement Management

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Holiday Forecasting

Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Holiday Forecasting

Posted 10-07-2020 11:38
    No replies, thread closed.
    Can someone explain how holidays can be excluded from forecast?  Also is there a way to weight the call forecast up or down based on holiday?
    #ForecastingandScheduling/Decisions

------------------------------
    Lisa Cummings
    AdaptHealth LLC

• 2.  RE: Holiday Forecasting

GENESYS
    Posted 10-08-2020 08:11
    Edited by Chip Funk 10-08-2020 08:17
    Hi Lisa,

Which WFM product are you using? Disregard this question as I see from other questions you have asked you are using Genesys Cloud WFM. 
    What forecasting method are you using when creating your forecast?

Chip Funk
    Manager, Business Consulting
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Holiday Forecasting

Posted 10-08-2020 09:24
    I have used both Automatic Best Method Selection and  Weighted Historical Index.  We have been transitioned to Genesys Cloud over the last 6 months.  I was able to get day of week from last year and was trying to figure out how to apply it to the forecast. 

Also, when I run the forecast for Thanksgiving week, it is still forecasting calls for the holiday.  Is there a holiday table that has specific dates when our center is closed?  Where is that located?

Lisa Cummings
    AdaptHealth LLC

• 4.  RE: Holiday Forecasting

GENESYS
    Posted 10-08-2020 10:53
    Edited by Chip Funk 10-08-2020 10:55
    I am attaching a link regarding the various forecasting options that you might find helpful or perhaps launch additional research that might help.  https://help.mypurecloud.com/faq/what-method-should-i-choose-when-i-create-a-short-term-forcast/

Automatic Best Method is designed to help to reduce or eliminate much of the qualitative decision making for you as described in the documentation.  However, more data is better for reflecting seasonality when using this method.  
    Weighted Historical Index uses the history in Genesys Cloud that you have configured to produce the forecast.  You have the option with WHI to add days (upper right had corner) from your history to be used as source days that are outside what the tool has pulled in for you.  If you have holidays in your history, you can add those specific days for use as source data to produce your future forecast.  

Both methods allow you to make modifications to better reflect your expectations for a future date rooted in your knowledge of your historical workload patterns.  
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/add-a-forecast-modification/

Chip Funk
    Manager, Business Consulting
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Holiday Forecasting

Posted 10-25-2021 19:09
    Hello. 

I am setting up a Schedule in WFM Genesys Cloud. Can you tell me how to exclude holidays for a certain month?

I have used the Routing/Schedules functionality and it seems this functionality is only for routing issues, not for WFM.

I appreciate your reply.

edward herrera
    Interaxa Colombia S.A.

• 6.  RE: Holiday Forecasting

Posted 10-25-2021 19:24
    Set up a quick meeting for us and  I will walk you through it

Secured by Paubox - HITRUST CSF certified Secured by Paubox - HITRUST CSF certified

• 7.  RE: Holiday Forecasting

Posted 10-25-2021 20:36
    Thanks for answering me. Can you tell me how I can meet with you?

edward herrera
    Interaxa Colombia S.A.

• 8.  RE: Holiday Forecasting

Posted 10-26-2021 10:09
    Edward,

The only way that I know how to exclude holidays from impacting a forecast has been to use weighted historical index, and then in the forecast source data, remove the impacted day of forecast and then sometimes the day after the forecast.  Add a previous day back into the forecast that is not a holiday.

When building the holiday forecast for the week of holiday, I use modifications from the forecast tab and add offered with modification Set Value Over Range to new value 0, and this eliminates any calls from that day. 

You can also use this same feature to increase volumes on the day after holiday or before the holiday with change to give a more accurate forecast.  Click on the day or days you want to increase the forecast on, go to modifications from the forecast screen. In the below example, I wanted to increase calls for all planning groups by 10%. Click finish changes for the modification to complete.

You will see the below modifications with the dotted line indicating the increase.

I truly wish we could had the ability to add in a holiday table that would pick up the holidays and forecast at zero for those days, but I have not seen this feature in PureCloud.  I have seen this feature in other WFM tools and it has made things a lot easier.

Hope this helps.

Lisa Cummings
    AdaptHealth LLC

• 9.  RE: Holiday Forecasting

Posted 10-26-2021 11:00
    Lisa, thank you for your answer.

Can something be done to exclude holidays directly in the Schedule, without making changes to the Forecast?

For example, in the Schedule there is the function of "Add Full Days Time Off".

edward herrera
    Interaxa Colombia S.A.

• 10.  RE: Holiday Forecasting

Posted 10-26-2021 11:04
    I add holiday in time off request for all agents.

Lisa Cummings
    AdaptHealth LLC

• 11.  RE: Holiday Forecasting

Posted 10-26-2021 14:56
    Thank you, Lisa for your answer.

edward herrera
    Interaxa Colombia S.A.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources