Workforce Engagement Management

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Holiday Forecasting

• 1.  Holiday Forecasting

Posted 10-07-2020 11:38
    Can someone explain how holidays can be excluded from forecast?  Also is there a way to weight the call forecast up or down based on holiday?
    #ForecastingandScheduling/Decisions

------------------------------
    Lisa Cummings
    AdaptHealth LLC

• 2.  RE: Holiday Forecasting

GENESYS
    Posted 10-08-2020 08:11
    Edited by Chip Funk 10-08-2020 08:17
    Hi Lisa,

Which WFM product are you using? Disregard this question as I see from other questions you have asked you are using Genesys Cloud WFM.
    What forecasting method are you using when creating your forecast?

Chip Funk
    Manager, Business Consulting
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Holiday Forecasting

Posted 10-08-2020 09:24
    I have used both Automatic Best Method Selection and  Weighted Historical Index.  We have been transitioned to Genesys Cloud over the last 6 months.  I was able to get day of week from last year and was trying to figure out how to apply it to the forecast.

Also, when I run the forecast for Thanksgiving week, it is still forecasting calls for the holiday.  Is there a holiday table that has specific dates when our center is closed?  Where is that located?

Lisa Cummings
    AdaptHealth LLC

• 4.  RE: Holiday Forecasting

GENESYS
    Posted 10-08-2020 10:53
    Edited by Chip Funk 10-08-2020 10:55
    I am attaching a link regarding the various forecasting options that you might find helpful or perhaps launch additional research that might help.  https://help.mypurecloud.com/faq/what-method-should-i-choose-when-i-create-a-short-term-forcast/

Automatic Best Method is designed to help to reduce or eliminate much of the qualitative decision making for you as described in the documentation.  However, more data is better for reflecting seasonality when using this method.
    Weighted Historical Index uses the history in Genesys Cloud that you have configured to produce the forecast.  You have the option with WHI to add days (upper right had corner) from your history to be used as source days that are outside what the tool has pulled in for you.  If you have holidays in your history, you can add those specific days for use as source data to produce your future forecast.

Both methods allow you to make modifications to better reflect your expectations for a future date rooted in your knowledge of your historical workload patterns.
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/add-a-forecast-modification/

Chip Funk
    Manager, Business Consulting
    Genesys - Employees