Workforce Engagement Management

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Callback/Voicemails configuration in Planning groups

GENESYS
    Posted 09-21-2021 11:36
    No replies, thread closed.
    Hi Community! 

While configuring our planning group for callbacks/voicemails, a question came up and I was hoping someone could help with us this. 

If the callbacks/voicemails come through the voice queues, do we still need to set up a callback planning group for them? Will the interaction be calculated twice in my Offered Interactions (once in the voice PG and once more in the callback PG)?  

Thanks for any help!
    #Genesys Cloud CX
    #Forecasting
    #Scheduling
    #Workforce Engagement Management
    #WorkforceManagement
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA) Event

------------------------------
    Tam Cao
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: Callback/Voicemails configuration in Planning groups

GENESYS
    Posted 09-23-2021 10:31
    hi Tom,  this is one of those "depends" answers.  If voice mails are from overnight then yes, but if they are the intraday result of a queue, then probably not.

Daniel Rickwalder
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Callback/Voicemails configuration in Planning groups

Posted 10-01-2021 14:26
    I am a new user of Genesys WFM and I think my question is related to this one. We are utilizing callbacks that occur within the same day. We originally created planning groups for the callbacks and found that offered calls were double-counted, but Answered and other stats seemed accurate. If we exclude callbacks from Planning groups, we end up with a more accurate offered calls, but answered, ASA, and other metrics seem to only reflect those answered on voice? How we can we get out intraday (and forecasts) to account for offered calls from voice, but AHT and other stats from both?

James Weibel
    M&T Bank

• 4.  RE: Callback/Voicemails configuration in Planning groups

Posted 05-12-2022 18:21
    What's the current thinking for this please?  Offered obviously should count on the original inbound voice queue, but if the actual interaction is handled on the callback - that's where AHT, ASA is actually counted right?  So then you don't get those metrics taken into account on the voice planning group/queue.

Vaun McCarthy

• 5.  RE: Callback/Voicemails configuration in Planning groups

Posted 06-26-2023 21:58

Same issue for me with a heavy callback user where we see a large number of intervals where we get no AHT or ASA due to the agents handling the callback. Obviously we want to forecast them in the original Inbound Voice Planning group, but how do we get the data there to forecast accurately1?

Chris Perry
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 6.  RE: Callback/Voicemails configuration in Planning groups

GENESYS
    Posted 07-18-2023 16:52

I just came across this thread on accident.  But I've been recently doing some testing with voice and callback media for a WFM/Reporting project and it certainly applies here, so thought I would share:

This is the call scenario:

A voice call comes into a queue, the caller gets tired of waiting and during the InQueue Menu, opts to receive a callback.
    The callback immediately replaces the call in queue, and is eventually assigned to an agent.
    The callback is picked up by the agent.
    An outbound call is immediately placed on behalf of the callback (the org in which I was testing has a BETA feature enabled that provides this functionality).
    The agent speaks on the outbound call, and disconnects.
    The disconnect the callback, and apply the appropriate wrap up code.

This scenario was performed multiple times and below is the corresponding historical data, split by Voice and Callback:

Voice:

Callback:

I can certainly see the argument for those that say this "results in double counting."  Because you are receiving 2 x Offered for a single conversationId.  My argument against that however, is that for WFM purposes, this is actually what you would want in order to effectively forecast for these situations.

In looking at the screenshots from the Performance View above, the WFM metrics are being calculated accurately.  Offered and Wait Time is against the Voice session.  And Offered, Answered, and AHT is against the Callback session.  And the "double counting" argument, by virtue of the above screenshots and the fact that you can no longer select Voice and Callback media at the same time, is really no longer an issue with the OOB reports/views either (again, in my opinion at least).

This data allows a WFM Admin team to be more nimble in their forecasting.  In splitting the data in this fashion, the WFM team can:

• Choose to include or exclude the Callback media in their subsequent forecast.
    • Be more aggressive with their Voice Service Goal templates, so GC WFM will forecast and support the FTE required to answer the Voice session of the conversation, so as to not allow the caller to opt for a callback in the first place.
    • Ensure that should both media types be kept in the forecast, that both media types have appropriate Offered and AHT metrics.

I am certainly open to discussion and not "set in my ways", so please bring on the feedback! 

Thanks all,
    Trent.

Trent Vance
    TTEC Digital, LLC fka Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 7.  RE: Callback/Voicemails configuration in Planning groups

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 07-24-2023 21:17

Is it so wrong to expect the best of both worlds?

The only reason why the double count for offered happens is because of how Genesys has implemented callbacks and don't think it was implemented this way because it is somehow better for forecasting staffing requirements.

Conceptually callbacks are just the call waiting virtually, so ideally that is how it should be treated from a forecast and staffing perspective. The call is just waiting not listening to the messaging and music but is otherwise no different to the customer that waited in queue, but for one we count the offered twice and the other we don't, that doesn't make sense to me.

I get how callbacks work in Genesys and this is the result of that, but I don't think that is really good enough.

Anton Vroon

• 8.  RE: Callback/Voicemails configuration in Planning groups

GENESYS
    Posted 07-25-2023 08:41

The callback scenario is different from a caller just waiting in queue. The caller just waiting in queue is awaiting an agent. If the caller later decides to get a callback, then the queued callback (which very likely occurs in a different interval or potentially hours later) representing the caller is awaiting an agent. The 'awaiting an agent' part is what we need to staff for; one scenario has two of those.

Not seeing how being blind to either of the two load demand portions is beneficial other than to artificially deflate forecast load and staffing requirement predictions. Maybe there is some feel good benefit for those that are chronically understaffed.

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources