Workforce Engagement Management

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Outbound calls on behalf of queue - planning groups/scheduling?? GCloud CX

Posted 10-03-2021 15:45
    No replies, thread closed.
    Hi team

How will WFM treat calls that agents make outbound on behalf of queues?  Since these aren't actually offered, I'm guessing all of those interactions are ignored when forecasting and scheduling.  But where the volume of those calls may be high, how can we ensure that scheduling takes this into account?

On that same note, when we move to outbound campaigns, how does WFM forecast/schedule against those calls?
    #Genesys Cloud CX
    #Forecasting
    #Performance Management
    #WorkforceManagement
    #General/EventQuestion

------------------------------
    Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 2.  RE: Outbound calls on behalf of queue - planning groups/scheduling?? GCloud CX
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 10-04-2021 06:46
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/workforce-management-supported-configuration/ :
    • Currently, workforce management forecasting and scheduling only supports inbound voice, chat, callbacks, email, and message media types in queues configured for standard ACD routing. Forecasting and scheduling does not support queues configured for bullseye routing.
    The following idea on Ideas Lab covers forecasting and scheduling support of outbound: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLWFO-I-23

I am not recommending this, but some will utilize some of the following methods:
    • Increase shrinkage to account for outbound work
    • Increase volume of inbound to account for outbound work
    Note that one of the side effects is that actuals shown everywhere will be off from forecast. E.g., you forecast 100 interactions from 0800-0815 and increase to 150, but those extra 50 are outbound which we will not query from analytics when we check for actuals

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 3.  RE: Outbound calls on behalf of queue - planning groups/scheduling?? GCloud CX

Posted 10-04-2021 15:48
    Thanks Jay, that's the wording I was looking for.

A quick skim of that idea it looks like the idea is around campaign related outbound vs ad-hoc/agent manually initiated outbound.  Sadly it also looks like that idea was originally raised 4 years ago which isn't a good sign :( 

I see your point around the shrinkage or forecast modifications.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources