Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Shrinkage (and Adherence) export preferences

GENESYS
    Posted 05-06-2022 09:12
    No replies, thread closed.

Hi, 
    the Adherence team are currently working on new shrinkage reporting functionality, reporting APIs are due for release next week, and we'd like your thoughts on exporting data from the Shrinkage report page we are now working on.

As part of the Shrinkage page, we are looking to provide a data table that contains the total time and overall percentage breakdown of the different shrinkage factors. 
    Something along the line of:

Knowing that this information will be helpful for fine-tuning capacity plans and external long term staffing models we'd like to know how you'd prefer to see the data made available for export?

Would you want the whole table to be exported in a specific format?
    Would you like to have just the category level aggregations exported?
    Would you like to specify the date range and data to be exported separately to what's being viewed on screen? 

This will be a brand new page and we'd love to hear your throughs so that we can make sure that meets as many needs as possible. Please add your thoughts or preference around the export options you'd like to see.

#Workforce Engagement Management
    #WorkforceManagement

------------------------------
    Paul Wood
    Product Manager for Genesys Cloud Workforce Management

• 2.  RE: Shrinkage (and Adherence) export preferences

Posted 05-06-2022 10:35
    Hi Paul,

Answers to your questions: 

1. Would you want the whole table to be exported in a specific format? 
      • Until Genesys is able to do long term forecasting in the UI, I need the data in excel and I would want the data points to be shown in hours as a decimal.  I know currently with other reporting we have 2 options:
        • HH:MM:SS - This is not ideal when having to do calculations. 
        • Milliseconds - If we cannot get the data exported in hours as a decimal, this would be the next best option.  
    1. Would you like to have just the category level aggregations exported?
      • For us I think the aggregates would be fine.  Having the option to get the detail would be a nice option in case there were problems/questions. 
    2. Would you like to specify the date range and data to be exported separately to what's being viewed on screen? 
      • As long as I have the ability to export the date range that I need (typically prior month), I don't care if I have to set it on the screen or if I have to select it as I am exporting the data.

Jason Lorden
    Independent Health Association, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Shrinkage (and Adherence) export preferences

Posted 05-09-2022 03:59
    I agree with Jason's comments.

I would echo the nice to have sentiment on aggregates.

It would make it quicker to pull together but having an option to get the lower level data would be great for easily jumping to where problems lie when it comes to operational questions. If the data was available, it could be all in one place for investigation rather than having to jump back into the system and find it through the calendar which could become time consuming for operations where shrinkage fluctuates regularly.

Regards,

Gerard McGlynn
    WEM Consultant
    IP Integration Limited

• 4.  RE: Shrinkage (and Adherence) export preferences

GENESYS
    Posted 05-09-2022 06:57
    Thanks, Jason and Gerard for the feedback.
    I'll take this back to the team so that they can be considered during the design stage.

Paul Wood

• 5.  RE: Shrinkage (and Adherence) export preferences

Posted 05-07-2022 09:30
    Since we have the data it would be nice if we can auto populate the shrinkage table in settings. Also our shrinkage changes over time, season of work, new hires, etc so looking at the trend is helpful.

Greg Barrett
    Outdoor Network LLC

• 6.  RE: Shrinkage (and Adherence) export preferences

Posted 05-09-2022 09:10
    Excuse my ignorance, but where can I report on Shrinkage? I'm not seeing anything in the Reports section. thanks!

Amber Krueger
    Ultimus Fund Solutions, LLC

• 7.  RE: Shrinkage (and Adherence) export preferences

GENESYS
    Posted 05-09-2022 09:18

Hi Amber, 
    the APIs for reporting on Shrinkage are coming soon, May 11th, here is a link to the release information:
    features coming soon

For the moment the only way to report on shrinkage is via the APIs, we are currently working on the design for the in the in-platform reporting and exporting of Shrinkage data.

Paul Wood

• 8.  RE: Shrinkage (and Adherence) export preferences

GENESYS
    Posted 05-09-2022 09:52
    Hey Paul!  

The view looks really good.  And personally, I can't wait for the APIs!  Several of us at Avtex are looking forward.

Question on the UI view though.  The columns values look really good and it appears we'll be able to break down shrinkage by activity into AM and PM.  Will we be able to filter by MU, by Work Team (when it makes it into the product), and by Agent?  We've had some requests to do Shrinkage and get an overall Shrinkage by schedule and date.  But also to break down which agent(s) are contributing most to that Shrinkage.

For example, "In this schedule, we've had 10% of total Shrinkage was Unplanned.  Which agent(s) contributed most to that Shrinkage?".  

Could this also be created in a fashion similar to the inverse of the Historical Adherence tool?  In HA, we can see the Agent, and expand on their Scheduled versus Actual activities.  But perhaps in the Shrinkage view, we could see the Activities and expand to see which agent is contributing most to shrinkage in that activity(ies)?

Thanks,
    Trent.

Trent Vance
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 9.  RE: Shrinkage (and Adherence) export preferences

GENESYS
    Posted 05-09-2022 11:29

Hi Trent, 
    to start with Shrinkage is reportable at the MU level, when teams comes along and we expand Adherence reporting to cover BU we'll add those in too.

We have steered clear of Employee level shrinkage as we thought that Real-time and Historical Adherence would look out for those trends. With shrinkage being used more for the capacity planning aggregated reporting felt a better fit.

Paul Wood

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources