Workforce Engagement Management

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Enforced forecast modifications limit too small?

Posted 02-01-2022 04:45
    No replies, thread closed.
    Hi

Genesys PureCloud has a limit of 50 forecast modifications. Has anyone else found that this is not enough?

We have a very robust forecasting process where our forecasts are done 1-2 years ahead, reviewed a quarter ahead, 5 weeks ahead (at the point of creating schedules) and a week ahead (forecast modified for schedules which have already been published). Our forecasts are done outside of Genesys (for various reasons including irregular marketing campaigns). We use Weighted Historical Index method to get the latest intra-day profile and then scale Genesys' daily forecast to our figures. We find that for bigger Business Units (with 5+ Planning Groups) the modification limit stops us from updating the latest forecasts: 5 planning groups x 6 daily modifications (we're open Mon-Sat) already requires 30 modifications, so we cannot do it twice.

Does anyone else have the same issue?

Thanks,
    Dorota
    #Forecasting/Decisions

------------------------------
    Dorota Tual
    Utility Warehouse Limited

• 2.  RE: Enforced forecast modifications limit too small?

Posted 02-02-2022 03:45
    Hi Dorota,

There has been an idea for this very topic where others have had the same issues. It has recently being accepted on the ideas portal after community review, progress will more than likely be added to this.  

Increase the number of adjustments in a | Genesys Cloud Ideas Portal (aha.io)

Regards,

Gerard McGlynn
    WEM Consultant
    IP Integration Ltd

• 3.  RE: Enforced forecast modifications limit too small?

GENESYS
    Posted 02-02-2022 06:06
    tagging in @Daniel Chapdelaine as he is the Product Manager for this area and best placed to help with any updates​

Paul Wood
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Enforced forecast modifications limit too small?

GENESYS
    Posted 02-02-2022 09:40
    Hello Dorota, 

I am the product manager for Forecasting in Genesys Cloud and I have good news for you! We are planning to increase the limit to 200 mods per forecast. This item is in the very early stages of development so things can change but that is our goal. Unfortunately, I do not have a GA date for this but I will update this post once a GA date is available. 

Take Care,
    Danny

Daniel Chapdelaine
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Enforced forecast modifications limit too small?

Posted 02-02-2022 13:30
    Hi Danny,

thanks for the update, really good to hear.

Just incase it hasn't been considered, could design also include a copy and paste function to the grid tab? 

Currently if users want to update forecast intervals they have to do this interval by interval, some customers have mentioned it would be great to copy and paste multiple rows in from the likes of Excel for ease. 

Thanks!

Regards,

Gerard McGlynn
    WEM Consultant
    IP Integration Ltd

• 6.  RE: Enforced forecast modifications limit too small?

GENESYS
    Posted 02-02-2022 14:23
    Hello Gerard, 

Unfortunately, adding the ability to copy/paste within the grid is out of scope but, it is a great idea! I have created this idea in our Product Ideas lab for future consideration.

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WFMFRC-I-1

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention.

Daniel Chapdelaine
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Enforced forecast modifications limit too small?

Posted 06-08-2022 18:48
    Amazing news we woke up this morning and the limit has been increased to 200! 

We were having the same issues as you and been asking for an increase for a year and the day is finally here when it has increased!

AnthonyGuidosteen
    City of Gold Coast

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources