Workforce Engagement Management

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Queues, Scheduling, and Meetings, Oh My!

GENESYS
    Posted 05-28-2020 13:01
    No replies, thread closed.

Hey everyone,

Kaylee wrote in with the following questions: 

I have several questions to discuss during the AMA today:

1. How do you use a queue with only outgoing call data to show demand and staffing needs?
    2. Can the entire team's schedule be viewed as an agent? I know they can see their shift, but is the full schedule view only an admin privilege?
    3. Can agents manage their own meetings, PTO, shift adjustments, etc. without having to submit a request? Or does any time off-queue have to be approved?

#AskMeAnything(AMA)
    #Genesys Cloud

------------------------------
    Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Manager, Online Communities

• 2.  RE: Queues, Scheduling, and Meetings, Oh My!

GENESYS
    Posted 05-28-2020 13:07
    Hi Kaylee,

1. How do you use a queue with only outgoing call data to show demand and staffing needs?  MF:  We don't currently support outbound natively, but is something we have on our radar.
    2. Can the entire team's schedule be viewed as an agent? I know they can see their shift, but is the full schedule view only an admin privilege?  MF:  This is on our roadmap (no dates yet), but we are curious about why you want this functionality.
    3. Can agents manage their own meetings, PTO, shift adjustments, etc. without having to submit a request? Or does any time off-queue have to be approved?  MF:  This too is a roadmap item, but we don't have dates for delivery yet.

Michele Fisher
    Genesys - Employees
    Director, Product Management

• 3.  RE: Queues, Scheduling, and Meetings, Oh My!

GENESYS
    Posted 05-28-2020 13:22
    Hey Michele,

Kaylee wrote me back with the following:

In response to #2-we approach our center with a team approach, we don't focus on individual performances/schedules and try to make sure we achieve our service goals together. Our team members are mindful of coverage on the lines (seriously, I have the best team 😊) and they'd like to see what else is going on before scheduling their own meetings/projects etc. that may need to occur during their shifts.  If they can only see their schedule, they won't know the impact of their activities on others or the call center.  

Looking forward to the enhancements with outbound volumes and allowing agents to control the schedule more!

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Manager, Online Communities

• 4.  RE: Queues, Scheduling, and Meetings, Oh My!

GENESYS
    Posted 05-28-2020 13:27
    Hi Kaylee,

Thank you so much for your use case!  Yes, that is definitely something we have on our roadmap.  Once we have dates, I'll post an update.

Thanks!

Michele Fisher
    Genesys - Employees
    Director, Product Management

• 5.  RE: Queues, Scheduling, and Meetings, Oh My!

GENESYS
    Posted 05-28-2020 13:11
    there is a "hack" for this one:  Can the entire team's schedule be viewed as an agent? I know they can see their shift, but is the full schedule view only an admin privilege?  You can give the agent role premission to view published schedules.  Then teach them to filter their team.  Its not perfect, but it gets them to the information.

Daniel Rickwalder
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources