Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

WFM schedule and time off

Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  WFM schedule and time off

Posted 04-13-2021 07:07
    Edited by Tracy Vickers 08-17-2021 06:25
    No replies, thread closed.
    The schedule does seem to behave oddly with regards to time off.

Case1: User submits as time off that gets approved by the supervisor => This time off does not appear in the schedule (why not?). The user can still trade, post, offer and drop the shift for that day.

Case2: The supervisor adds manually a time off activity by editing the schedule (not sure if the logic takes the paid=false or working time=false) => this time off appears in the schedule. The user cannot post, offer or drop a shift for that day?
    Case3: The supervisor adds ad validates manually a time off through the time Off requests screen => same behavior as case 2

Why that? It doesn't make sense if the supervisor logs a time off or delay on behalf of the agent that this behaves differently than when the agent logs the delay or time off and gets it approved.

Is non working time considered not tradable? Well if an agent has1 hour time off for a shift, why would that make the entire shift non tradable? 
    What happens if the supervisor logs a time off after the agent has posted the shift for trading?
    Again it doesn't make sense to me to have a different behavior if the agent or supervisor log the time off, it should be the same as long as the time off is validated.

Anyone can shed the light over this different behavior? is it intentional or rather a bug (that's my view)?

Thanks
    regards
    Hichem
    #Genesys Cloud

------------------------------
    Hichem Agrebi
    CC-Expertise Ltd

• 2.  RE: WFM schedule and time off

GENESYS
    Posted 04-14-2021 06:08
    Hi Hichem,

Are the requests being synchronized when looking at the published scheduled after the approval? See https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/synchronize-time-off-requests/

Tracy
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: WFM schedule and time off

Posted 04-14-2021 06:23
    As you can see from the screenshot the time off is approved, actually one time off at the start of the shift and one outside of shift hours.
    Both are not displayed on the agent schedule, which seems to only show the time off if it is added manually to the schedule or is created by the supervisor.

I even subscribed to the WFM notification and received the time off approval notification when testing with developer tools

Also that doesn't explain the rationale why the shift becomes untradable when there is an approved partial time off.

Hichem Agrebi
    CC Expertise Ltd

• 4.  RE: WFM schedule and time off

GENESYS
    Posted 04-14-2021 06:54

If the time off request is approved prior to schedule generation, then it should be scheduled. If it is approved after initial schedule generation, then you either have to utilize the method described here: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/synchronize-time-off-requests/, or perform an intraday reschedule (https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/initiate-an-intraday-reschedule/).

In the case you mentioned, do you see the time off request in the schedule from the schedule editor?

As far as why a shift cannot be traded that has a time off request, I would suggest you review your shift trades configuration - specifically the activity category trade rules. By default shifts with a time off are configured to not allow trades (https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/enable-and-configure-shift-trades/; "Do not allow trade: An agent cannot trade any shift that includes this activity.").

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-workforce-management/ has an extensive number of articles and the resource center help search is very good (e.g., https://all.docs.genesys.com/ui/#/federated?query=trade%20rules&from=genesyscloud).

Jay Langsford
    Senior Director, Workforce Optimization Engineering

• 5.  RE: WFM schedule and time off

GENESYS
    Posted 04-14-2021 06:56
    Hi Hichem,

When the schedule is updated has it been published again - I was unable to see the time off in the agents schedule until it was published?

Regarding the unable to trade - this would depend on the settings configured for the time off activity as below:

Tracy
    Genesys

• 6.  RE: WFM schedule and time off

Posted 04-14-2021 07:57
    I published the schedule again and still couldn't see the apporoved time off.  Why would the entire schedule need to be published again for every approved delay or time off? seems like an unnecessary step and inconsistent as I see the time off in the schedule if it is added on the time off requests screen.

Got the shift trade rules, thanks.

Hichem Agrebi
    CC-Expertise Ltd

• 7.  RE: WFM schedule and time off

GENESYS
    Posted 04-14-2021 08:06

Have you synchronized the time off requests?

If the time off request is approved prior to schedule generation, then it should be scheduled. If it is approved after initial schedule generation, then you either have to utilize the method described here: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/synchronize-time-off-requests/, or perform an intraday reschedule (https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/initiate-an-intraday-reschedule/).

In the case you mentioned, do you see the time off request in the schedule from the schedule editor?

Jay Langsford

• 8.  RE: WFM schedule and time off

Posted 04-14-2021 08:35
    Thanks Jay, no I don't see the approved time off in the schedule editor. I only see the time off if it is set by the supervisor. The time off sync button doesn't appear neither.

Hichem Agrebi
    CC-Expertise Ltd

• 9.  RE: WFM schedule and time off

GENESYS
    Posted 04-14-2021 09:14
    Something is amiss then. It could be one or more of the following:
    • The user for the schedule editing is missing a time off request view permission which is required to sync time off requests approved after initial schedule creation
    • The user for the schedule editor only has access to a subset of management units where the agent with the time off request is in a management unit that the user does not have access
    • The time off request is for a different time than the scheduling period you are looking at
    • The time off request really wasn't approved
    At this point I doubt a code defect (at least any obvious one) since your scenario occurs hundreds of times per day and we'd have a ton of support escalations if something was not working in this regard. I would suggest you open a support ticket at this point.

Jay Langsford

• 10.  RE: WFM schedule and time off

Posted 04-15-2021 05:03
    Thanks Jay, I think I tick all the boxes but still not dispalying time off. Below are screenshots showing the issue.

Hichem Agrebi
    CC-Expertise Ltd

• 11.  RE: WFM schedule and time off

GENESYS
    Posted 04-15-2021 07:29
    It is expected that the agent won't see an approved time off request that was approved after schedule generation until you synchronize the time off requests as an admin in the schedule.

They key is to figure out why you don't see, as an admin (not the agent), the time off request sync button in the schedule editor.

• The admin/supervisor for the schedule editing is missing a time off request view permission which is required to sync time off requests approved after initial schedule creation
    • The admin/supervisor for the schedule editor only has access to a subset of management units where the agent with the time off request is in a management unit that the user does not have access (i.e., you've split management units up across divisions and the agent with the TOR is in one management unit to which the admin doesn't have access)
    The underlying issue is permission/config and you should have more than enough information contained in this thread and resource center material to self-solve. If you can't, then you need to open a support ticket as we've sort of exhausted community support on this topic.

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 12.  RE: WFM schedule and time off

Posted 04-15-2021 13:31
    Thanks Jay, indeed the sync helped fix the issue. It said it managed to auto fix all but one time off, but now I see the time off in the agent schedule. Problem sorted then. cheers

Hichem Agrebi
    CC-Expertise Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources