Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Force Single Skill

Posted 10-24-2019 21:33
    No replies, thread closed.
    ​Hello all,
     I have two activities set up; lets call one inbound and one outbound. I want my agents to be scheduled one of those activities per shift. So one day they are working the inbound activity for one shift, then the next day, they are working the outbound activity for the entire shifts. So when I create my schedule scenario I select the 'force single skill' option in the schedule build wizard. Once it has worked its wizardry, what I am noticing is that it performs this for perhaps 95% of the schedule, however some agents have a small amount of time max 30 minutes where they are scheduled to perform the other activity. Anyone experienced this before?

I would really like to avoid having to delete these activities and re-inserting them manually.

I am using WFM Pure Engage on prems. WFM version is 8.5.211.06

Any assistance would be appreciated.
    #WorkforceManagement

------------------------------
    Alun Lomas

• 2.  RE: Force Single Skill
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 10-25-2019 06:20
    Edited by Tracy Vickers 02-04-2020 12:15
    Hi Alun

Are both activities set for the same operating hours or are they different? This can be a cause for the issue. Especially if the shift pattern for the employee does not match the activity hours. 

Forcing the single skill typically does exactly as you are requesting. Typically configuration stops this from occurring. The validation warnings in the shift build wizard should also give some insight as to why this was not possible. 

Regards

Cameron Smith
    VP,  Product Management - Workforce Engagement Management
    Genesys - Employees
    cameron.smith@genesys.com

• 3.  RE: Force Single Skill

Posted 10-27-2019 19:14
    ​Thankyou for responding Cameron, yes both activities have the same operating hours. I will go back and take a look at the validation warnings, to determine any clues around the problem.

thanks again

AL

Alun Lomas
    SA Police Comms

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources