Workforce Engagement Management

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Forecasting Questions

Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Forecasting Questions

GENESYS
    Posted 05-28-2020 14:14
    Edited by Tracy Vickers 08-17-2021 06:25
    No replies, thread closed.
    Hey Everyone,

Lisa had the following questions:

I have two questions:
    1. I need direction on how to import a call forecast from another ACD and combine with a current PureCloud forecast, how do I do this?
    2. Secondly, how can I find out what my staffing need and schedules are without assigning agents?

#AskMeAnything(AMA)
    #Genesys Cloud
    #Forecasting/Decisions

------------------------------
    Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Manager, Online Communities

• 2.  RE: Forecasting Questions

GENESYS
    Posted 05-28-2020 14:36

Hi Lisa, 

In response to your first question, Genesys Cloud forecasting allows you to import ​a forecast from a flat file.  This is the fourth option under "Creation Method" when you add a forecast.  If you need to merge volume from Genesys Cloud and another ACD then you could create an Automatic Best Method forecast in Genesys Cloud, export it, merge the data and then import the merged forecast.  You could also just use forecast modifications in the Genesys Cloud forecast as another approach to add the external volume to the Genesys Cloud forecast.  

For your second question, this is something that we are planning to add as part of Long-Term Planning in WFM to allow you to see staffing requirements along with hiring plans and do what-if analysis without actually scheduling agents.   As you noted, however, the only place to see staffing requirements in WFM today is in the schedule view once a schedule is generated.

I hope this helps! 

Thank you,

Chris

Christopher Johnson
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Forecasting Questions

Posted 05-28-2020 14:42
    When will the staffing requirements and what-if be available?

On the forecasting merges, is there a link to detailed training on how to do this?  I have been playing for a while but just not getting it where I need it.

Lisa Cummings
    AdaptHealth LLC

• 4.  RE: Forecasting Questions

GENESYS
    Posted 05-28-2020 14:53

Hi Lisa,

We are still in the process of designing the long-term planning features including staffing requirements and what-if features so I don't have an availability date yet for those but we will be sure to let the community know when those features are coming.

Related to the forecasting merge the export and import parts are outlined here:
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/export-a-short-term-forecast/
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/add-a-new-short-term-forecast/

The merge part would have to be done manually in excel and you would have to be careful to make sure the AHT is properly weighted by volume from each platform.  The resulting file would have to still match the file spec.  

Are you migrating queues to Genesys Cloud?  Is this a transition period type of item or is it something that will be ongoing?   If the majority/all of your volume is coming from the external ACD (ie, the queue is not migrated yet) then you could just completely create the forecast externally in excel and then upload it.  

Let me know if you have other questions and I will try to help out!

Thanks,
    Chris

Christopher Johnson
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Forecasting Questions

Posted 05-28-2020 19:04

Thanks for the additional articles.  I will definitely read and let you know if I have questions.

Yes we are migrating out of InContact to PureCloud.  I have been able to upload a forecast, but couldn't figure out how to blend.  I thought I might have to do this in Excel and bring back into the forecast.  Thanks for confirming.

Today, I ran two models (Best Method and Weighted Averages) on a weekly forecast.  Being new to the tool we have had to get some agent behaviors under control with ACW.  This was fixed three weeks ago with a timer set to kick agents back in queue at 30 seconds.  We have seen much better results. 

With that said I have been looking at the last 3 weeks of data only.

In Best Method, calls were higher but AHT was really inflated.  With the recent updates to scheduling I can no longer see the variances between ATT and ACW since it is bundled.  I am not sure that I like that feature when I am trying to normalize spikes.

In Weighted Avg, calls are lower, but AHT is more realistic.

What is interesting is in both models calls are off by 20% compared to actuals for the month of May.  Any idea how I could research this?

Final question,  are there different levels of WFM products within the Geneysis portfolio?  I am used to a report that shows schedule deviations by half hour with required staffing but have not been able to find a similar report. 

I really appreciate your insight.  I am new to the company and trying to develop a WFM program from scratch.

Thank you,

Lisa Cummings

Operations Director – Workforce Management

Office: 615-257-3526

• 6.  RE: Forecasting Questions

GENESYS
    Posted 06-03-2020 09:41
    Hi Lisa, 

RE the inflated AHT question, since Best Method uses all history, it will likely take time to adjust for the lower ACW that you are now seeing in your call center and would explain why weight average is lower if you are only using weeks after the ACW change with Weight Average.  We intend to allow users to exclude certain history for Best Method as a future enhancement but I don't have a timeline for that change yet.  I would expect that after a few weeks of the stabilized ACW that the Best Method results should improve.  

Thank you,
    Chris

Christopher Johnson
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Forecasting Questions

Posted 06-03-2020 10:00

Chris,

Thanks you for  your feedback and expertise.  Is there more in depth formal training on Scheduling available?  The more I dig the more questions I have.  I feel that if I could have a one hour consult with a Genesys Scheduling expert it would quickly build my confidence and troubleshooting skills.  I feel like by not knowing certain things I spin my wheels.

Thank you,

Lisa Cummings

• 8.  RE: Forecasting Questions

GENESYS
    Posted 06-03-2020 10:25
    Hey @Lisa Cummings, as someone who is new to Genesys, I would recommend the Genesys Knowledge Network. It's a collection of Genesys resources and has federated search, so if you do a search on that site (or the Brain Tab on the righthand side of your community screen) it searches all of Genesys' resources for content.  ​​

If you are interested in formal training, you can check out the Beyond site for virtual and in-person training options. Additionally, we have the Certification and Training Community if you have any questions about training or certification options. 

Cheers!

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Manager, Online Communities

• 9.  RE: Forecasting Questions

GENESYS
    Posted 06-03-2020 10:37
    Hi Lisa, 

These are direct links the WFM courses in the Beyond site that Matt mentioned above.

https://beyond.genesys.com/explore/course/purecloud-workforce-management-self-study

https://beyond.genesys.com/explore/course/purecloud-workforce-management-virtual

https://beyond.genesys.com/explore/course/purecloud-workforce-management

Thanks,

Chris

Christopher Johnson
    Genesys - Employees

• 10.  RE: Forecasting Questions

Posted 06-03-2020 10:58

I will definitely review.

Thank you,

Lisa Cummings

• 11.  RE: Forecasting Questions

GENESYS
    Posted 06-04-2020 08:31
    Hi Lisa,

We also offer a couple WFM Business Consulting offerings if that would be your preference.

Chip Funk
    Manager, Business Consulting
    Genesys - Employees

• 12.  RE: Forecasting Questions

Posted 06-05-2020 10:14
    Can you give me the cost associated with that?

Lisa Cummings
    AdaptHealth LLC

• 13.  RE: Forecasting Questions

GENESYS
    Posted 06-05-2020 11:52
    Hi Lisa,

I would not be the pricing guy but I will try to run down the resource that might be able to provide you with the costs for the various options we offer.

Chip Funk
    Manager, Business Consulting
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources