Workforce Engagement Management

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  AMA: Good old Excel

Posted 08-11-2021 11:07
    Edited by Tracy Vickers 08-11-2021 11:14
    No replies, thread closed.
    Our departments are so stuck in their old ways - my question: what would be the best way to get the department managers to "Buy in " to the WFM in our Genesys Cloud we have departments with personnel ranging from groups of 4 to 30. I would be keen to hear any suggestions :-)
    #AskMeAnything(AMA)

------------------------------
    Matt Calton
    Grove & Dean Ltd

• 2.  RE: AMA: Good old Excel

GENESYS
    Posted 08-11-2021 12:05
    Edited by Chuck Swain 08-11-2021 12:07
      |   view attached

Matt,

First, I commend you for having a planning processes, excel or otherwise. This sounds like good old fear of change... which can be the most difficult to overcome with anything new or unknown. At some point all of us in WFM have probably been faced with Excel as our 'technology' for planning, accuracy, human factors, and efficiency are at risk by hanging onto sacred cows like Excel modeling. 

That said, it's no secret that technology does make People and Processes more efficient. 

Strategic planning is important to your continued operational efficiency and responsibility to your consumers, furthermore you also have a responsibility as WFM planning team to be efficient yourselves!!   

I've included an article I wrote for Contact Center Pipeline on the importance of strategic planning and the use of technology. I hope this article gives you some additional insight to overcome. 

Create a Planning Culture
    Small changes that can make a big impact on your operation's efficiency and performance.

Thank you for being part of AMA today. 

Chuck Swain
    Genesys
    WEM Leadership

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: AMA: Good old Excel

Posted 08-11-2021 12:49
    Thanks Chuck, I'll take a look at the article and start with a plan for small changes for that big impact on efficiency perhaps beginning with the smallest department hey...

Matt Calton
    Grove & Dean Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources