Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Different schedule for different Management Unit in the same business unit

Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Different schedule for different Management Unit in the same business unit

Posted 01-25-2021 02:46
    No replies, thread closed.
    Hello everyone, 

I have below use case and I am trying to find a way to configure in Genesys Cloud- Workforce Management
    I have two Management Unit (Hub A and Hub B) and they belong to the same Business Unit

For Hub A, a 5-weeks schedule is required
    For Hub B, a one-month schedule is required
    I understood that schedule can only be created on weekly basis but not on monthly basics, and therefore I was going to configure a 4-week schedule for Hub B.
    However, I found it is not possible to create different weeks of schedule for different Management Unit in the same business unit. 
    (Putting Hub B into another Business unit is not acceptable, since there are common queues for Hub A and Hub B)

Another workaround I have tried is to seperately generate two schedules within the same Business Unit, and to assign different agents to the schedule. However, it seems that overlapping schedule cannot be published at the same time.

Having tried with the above method, wondering if there are other workaround in order to fulfil this requirement.
    Thanks a lot!
    #WorkforceManagement

------------------------------
    Renee

• 2.  RE: Different schedule for different Management Unit in the same business unit

GENESYS
    Posted 01-27-2021 10:51
    No replies, thread closed.
    Each Management Unit in a Business Unit can have their own planning period duration. So, Hub A would have a 5 week planning period and Hub B would have a 4 week planning period (we don't have 'monthly' just number of weeks). Then you would generate a forecast and schedule for the desired number of weeks. E.g., you could produce a 5 week forecast and schedule. You can't however create two different schedule lengths in one published schedule as you already noted.

The planning period duration is more about defining constraints for those period lengths and less about constraining what an agent sees in terms of number of weeks scheduled. Is there really any harm in showing both Hub A and Hub B 5 weeks worth of schedules knowing that each have constraints defined with their own planning period lengths? Or you could produce a 4 week forecast/schedule still utilizing the 4 and 5 week planning periods.

If it is crucial, and I would be interested in the business cases, to have different schedule lengths, then you'd have to separate each into their own business unit taking care not to split any shared load/resources.

Jay Langsford
    Senior Director, Workforce Optimization Engineering

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources