Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  New Forecast UI- Date issue creating new scenario in IE

Posted 04-30-2020 10:03
    No replies, thread closed.
    Creating a new FC scenario in Internet Explorer is not possible in the New FC UI. Dates cannot be selected. Is this a bug? Or can we fix this?

#WorkforceManagement
    #Other/NotSure

------------------------------
    Rutger Pasmans
    Mercedes-Benz CAC Maastricht N.V.

• 2.  RE: New Forecast UI- Date issue creating new scenario in IE

GENESYS
    Posted 04-30-2020 10:38
    Hey Rutger - 

I would bet that being in Europe it is getting confused on your date format, by looking at your screenshot.  It looks like you're using DD-MM-YY.  Can you try to use MM-DD-YY?

Not ideal I know, given your geographic location.  But this would at least get you up and running able to familiarize yourself with the new features while someone at Genesys decides if this is a bug or not.

Thanks,
    Trent.

• 3.  RE: New Forecast UI- Date issue creating new scenario in IE

Posted 04-30-2020 10:49
    Hi Trent,

The strange thing is that when I use Chrome it is no problem. But in Chrome i cannot use the old environment, because of Java.

Kind regards​

Rutger Pasmans

• 4.  RE: New Forecast UI- Date issue creating new scenario in IE

GENESYS
    Posted 05-01-2020 08:02
    Hi Rutger;
    The latest Forecast UI is only supported in Chrome and FireFox. See the Release Note here: https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/RN/latest/wm-web85rn/wm-web8521414

Mary Hachey
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: New Forecast UI- Date issue creating new scenario in IE

Posted 05-01-2020 10:54
    Hi Mary,

Thanks for the information.  I am than still curious how to work with Genesys in Chrome, because I cant look at my historical data volumes. I get the message in chrome that JAVA is not available (all tabs in Forecast old UI for that matter)

Kind regards,

Rutger Pasmans

• 6.  RE: New Forecast UI- Date issue creating new scenario in IE
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 05-01-2020 11:59
    Hi Rutger,

This is a little confusing, so I'll try to explain.  The new Forecast UI ONLY works in Chrome or Firefox and does not work with IE.  However, the existing WFM Supervisor UI and the "classic" forecast module ONLY work in IE.  I hope that helps.

Thanks!

Michele Fisher
    Genesys - Employees
    Director, Product Management

• 7.  RE: New Forecast UI- Date issue creating new scenario in IE

GENESYS
    Posted 05-01-2020 14:45
    Hi Rutger; You can use the WFM UI Launcher.

In the Release Note (link) I sent you, there's this item in the What's New section, as follows:
    "The WFM Web UI Launcher application can be downloaded from within WFM Web for Supervisors and after deployment, used as the default application to open .wfm files in the same session. For instructions on how to deploy the UI Launcher, see the Workforce Management Web for Supervisors (Classic) Help."

If you click the link for the Supervisors Help, the topic "Java Plug-In Support in Browsers" explains how to use the Launcher to open Java-based views in WFM Web in browsers that no longer support Java Web Start.

Hope this helps.

Mary Hachey
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: New Forecast UI- Date issue creating new scenario in IE

Posted 05-04-2020 04:32
    ​Hi Rutger

I am using Edge (Chromium Edition) with WFM because IE is …. and with the Chrome "Workaround" I had to open several Windows and things like that, I don't like.
    With Edge Chromium I have the full Functionality in the same Window (like IE) and it is even faster.
    Maybe that solves also your Problem with the date. I would try it.
    I can not test it for you, because we dont have the new Engine or UI in use.

For making the IE Emulation working constantly with Edge, you have to activate the IEMode in Egde (Enable IE Integration) and a few steps more.
    Try: edge://flags/#edge-internet-explorer-Integration to do that. Further Steps you will find in the internet.
    You can also test ist when you use the "…" button (top/right) -> more Tools -> open site in IE mode.
    You know that the Emulation is working, if there there is a blue "e" like in IE appearing at the beginning of the adress bar of the site.

Good Luck and kind Regards

Roland Isenegger
    Planning and Process Engineer
    Swisscom

Roland Isenegger
    Swisscom (Schweiz) AG

• 9.  RE: New Forecast UI- Date issue creating new scenario in IE

Posted 05-04-2020 11:31
    HI Roland,

That is exactly my problem. The switching between browsers. Sadly the Edge solution does not work. I cannot enable .

Kind regards,

Rutger Pasmans

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources