Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Comparing data - Workforce Management (WFM) vs Genesys Customer Experience Insights (GCXI)

Posted 05-04-2021 19:52
    No replies, thread closed.
    Hi there,

I have been comparing Queue-level data (Interaction Volume, Service Level, AHT) from GCXI and WFM and notice that there has been discrepancies. For instance, for interaction volume, we sometimes observe up to 90 calls difference between GCXI and WFM across one day.

I understand that WFM metrics like Interaction Volume, Service Level and AHT are recomputed based on data in Stat Server, and in combination with the way of how this is carried out in timesteps, the resulting SL or AHT will be different to GCXI's results. However, I would assume when we look across a period of a day, the discrepancies would be minimal?

I'm seeking help to understand how Stat Server works, and more particularly the relationship between GCXI and WFM. Does anyone have any understanding/ experience in this space?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
    Tang
    #WorkforceManagement

------------------------------
    Hou Ket Tang
    Brisbane City Council

• 2.  RE: Comparing data - Workforce Management (WFM) vs Genesys Customer Experience Insights (GCXI)

Posted 05-04-2021 22:21
    Hi Hou

What version of Stat Server are you using for WFM?  If it's an older version, you should check the release notes as I know a few defects were addressed going back about 2 years that would have been causing some WFM statistics to not be what you expect.  I vaguely remember at least of them had to do with things like ACW etc.

It would also pay to check what metric you're using for the AHT against your WFM activities and whether any filters are included.  Without knowing and seeing your configuration there could be a number of things causing unusual discrepancies, from short abandons to what you've already mentioned around the handled vs arrived interval.

I wouldn't ever look for any "relationship" between GCXI and WFM.  The predecessor for GCXI was GI2 and there have been a number or blogs and articles written over the years over why you shouldn't be trying too hard to "match" the reporting layer to the WFM layer.  If you believe it's a huge discrepancy then you may need to talk to your Genesys partner or raise a case to Genesys Care after checking Stat Server versions and statistic definitions as I've said.

Vaun McCarthy
    NTT New Zealand Limited

• 3.  RE: Comparing data - Workforce Management (WFM) vs Genesys Customer Experience Insights (GCXI)

Posted 06-08-2021 00:33

Hi Vaun,

Apologies for the delayed response, and thank you very much for your reply. Good tip on the Stat Server and defects, we have taken your advice and currently have an open job with our Genesys partner to investigate, so I'll add this to the list of things to check. 

In terms of trying to understand the "relationship" between GCXI and WFM, a large part of that stemmed from the business needing to understand why they're so different and which is the source of truth, so even understanding why they can't be compared realistically would help. I will try to look up a few of the blogs and articles written in the past. 

Thank you once again, your advice is much appreciated!

Tang

Hou Ket Tang
    Brisbane City Council

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources