Workforce Engagement Management

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Assign a single activity per shift

Posted 04-16-2020 08:09
    No replies, thread closed.
    Hi

I have a customer that does surveys via outbound calls and I'm struggling to work out how we perform scheduling as per their requirements.
    * They have something like 50 types of surveys, which we have set up as 50 separate activities.
    * There are about 80 agents doing these outbound calls, each with multiple skills to work on several of these activities

Staffing forecast is created for each of the activities. When scheduling these activities, agents will be allocated shifts. However their shifts for the day will comprise multiple activities which they have the skills for. As per the screenshot here, the agent has multiple activities (such as LPW, SMVU, QBIS, etc) allocated within a single shift.
    What they would like to do is to allocate a specific activity for the entire day for each agent. In other words, when an agent logs in to WFM and checks their schedules, they can see what specific activity they have on for entire day. That way, they conduct a specific survey for the entire day.

What is the best way to achieve this? Their surveys keep changing after a few months, and they may have another set of 50 types of surveys. They also can't use rotating patterns because the work is mainly conducted by casual staff / uni students, so their staff changes very frequently. Hence assigning just 1 activity/skill for each agent will be very cumbersome as activities and agents are constantly changing.
    #WorkforceManagement

------------------------------
    Cherith Law
    Telstra Corporation Ltd

• 2.  RE: Assign a single activity per shift

GENESYS
    Posted 04-16-2020 08:15
    Hi Cherith

One way to do this is through using the 'force single skill' which is part of the schedule build process. Info here https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/PSAAS/latest/WMCloud/SBWSltStsBldOpts

In more complex scenarios activity sets could also be used. 

Using a single skill in the build will allocate the resources against the requirements still however the whole day will be a single activity. 

Cheers

Cameron Smith
    VP, Product Management - Workforce Engagement Management

cameron.smith@genesys.com

• 3.  RE: Assign a single activity per shift

Posted 04-16-2020 08:29
    Wow! Thanks for that, Cameron! I didn't know this option does exactly this, even though I've seen it flash by every time I do a schedule build. I've spent hours trying to figure this one out. Thanks heaps!!

Regards,
    Cherith

Cherith Law
    Telstra Corporation Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources