Workforce Engagement Management

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  How to limit time off and shift trade approval to a specific team of users only?

Posted 04-03-2021 17:17
    No replies, thread closed.
    I understand very well that business unit and management unit membership coupled with the corresponding permissions do allow a user to approve/deny time off requests and shift trades. 
    In most large companies this would not allow to segregate visibility to separate teams and only allow a supervisor of teamA to have such permissions for his teamA and SupervisorB for teamB. 
    Coming from Genesys Engage world, I am badly missing the team or group supervisor feature. How can Cloud WFM allow such permissions to separate teams instead of having access in open bar mode to all supervisors to approve/deny and even see requests of all agents in the same management unit?
    may be I missed something obvious here but can't really find it.
    I've read that Genesys plans to introduce the team concept or feature with the capability to only allow single membership (user can only be member of 1 team), which makes it impossible for example for a supervisor to have a backup manager from another team take over when sick or on leave.
    May be someone can point me to where I can find these basic things that I can't find. thanks
    #Genesys Cloud
    #WorkforceManagement

------------------------------
    Hichem Agrebi
    CC-Expertise Ltd

• 2.  RE: How to limit time off and shift trade approval to a specific team of users only?

GENESYS
    Posted 04-06-2021 11:49
    Hi Hitchem,

So we can answer your question correctly, can you please let us have some use cases for your query
    Many thanks

Tracy
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: How to limit time off and shift trade approval to a specific team of users only?

Posted 04-06-2021 12:15
    Hi Tracy,
    Consider a large management unit that needs to be split into several teams.
    The use case is then the following: Inside the same management unit, we have 5 teams each having its own supervisor.
    Each supervisor needs to approve the time off requests and shift biddings inside his own group. More importantly the other supervisors or users with corresponding permissions should not be allowed to manage (approve/design) these agents. Each supervisor should also have restricted visibility of his team only. 
    The teams do not necessarily map to queues.

How can this basic use case be fulfilled?
    Thanks
    Hichem

Hichem Agrebi
    CC-Expertise Ltd

• 4.  RE: How to limit time off and shift trade approval to a specific team of users only?

GENESYS
    Posted 04-06-2021 12:49
    OK I get it and it isn't available in Cloud WFM - there are major enhancements for Time Off coming soon and I believe teams as well but not 100% sure of the final functionality.

We will be adding enhancements and releases on the community as they arrive, so keep an eye out.

Tracy
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: How to limit time off and shift trade approval to a specific team of users only?

Posted 04-07-2021 05:09
    Edited by Tracy Vickers 08-17-2021 06:25
    Thanks Tracy, I know that time off accrual and team feature are coming soon but couldn't get any clarity or confirmation whether teams will apply to WFM as well. Compared to the Genesys Engage WFM (arguably not AI powered) these features belong to the basics and not really fancy requirements. Larger customers don't like 'open bar' mode and have clear preferences to manage smaller teams. 
    Can't wait to see the upcoming features.

Hichem Agrebi
    CC-Expertise Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources