Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  AMA: Scheduling agents from different time zone within the same BU/MU

Posted 08-05-2021 09:24
    Edited by Tracy Vickers 08-17-2021 06:25
    No replies, thread closed.
    Hi Community!

I am looking for some best practices when scheduling agents from different time zones in Genesys Cloud. 

In an organization where we have agents working in different time zones but handling same type of interactions in the same Business Unit, what is the best way to plan your agents accordingly to their time zones if the BU main time zone is not the same as the agents' time zone? Also, what impact this kind of scenario can have on your forecast, if any? 

Thank you!
    #Genesys Cloud
    #Forecasting/Decisions
    #Scheduling
    #WorkforceManagement
    #AskMeAnything(AMA)

------------------------------
    TAM CAO
    i3Vision Technologies Inc.

• 2.  RE: AMA: Scheduling agents from different time zone within the same BU/MU

GENESYS
    Posted 08-11-2021 10:41
    Dear TAM CAO, 

I'd look to simplify things by evaluating workload requirements and scheduling needs relative to my BU time zone, generate schedules, then align/validate agent workplan assignments using the time zone selector in the scheduling tool to ensure agents are assigned to the correct workplan. Agents viewing their own schedules will reflect in their local time zone. 

Chuck Swain
    Genesys
    WEM Leadership

• 3.  RE: AMA: Scheduling agents from different time zone within the same BU/MU

GENESYS
    Posted 08-11-2021 10:53
    Edited by Tracy Vickers 08-17-2021 06:25
    Hi Tam,

Also in addition to Chucks reply there is an idea on our ideas lab that you can vote for and add comments if it doesn't fully suit your request or raise a new idea.

The idea is here: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLWFO-I-92

Tracy
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: AMA: Scheduling agents from different time zone within the same BU/MU

GENESYS
    Posted 08-11-2021 11:15
    Thank you Chuck for your response and thanks Tracy for the idea. I just cast my vote for this idea! 

I was hoping for an easy way to configure workplans for agents that are working in a different time zone than the BU main time zone so that the agents schedule time are aligned with the schedule time.  

Thanks!
    Tam

Tam Cao
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: AMA: Scheduling agents from different time zone within the same BU/MU

GENESYS
    Posted 08-11-2021 11:31
    Tam Cao, 

The ideas has been accepted, so it is something that you should expect to see at some point in the future.  

Until then, as stated you can validate your manual conversion via the schedule tool currently, then tweak workplans. 

Thank you for participating in the AMA. 

Chuck Swain
    Genesys
    WEM Leadership

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources