Workforce Engagement Management

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Time off conflicts

Posted 04-27-2021 16:53
    No replies, thread closed.
    I have done some tests and cannot explain nor understand that difference between the following 2 use cases:
    use case1
    1. Create time off request for part of a day for tomorrow=> time off status=pending
    2. Create full day off request for tomorrow => cannot log the request because of a conflict (since time off was created in step 1

use case2
    1. Create full day off request f for tomorrow=> time off status=pending
    2. Create part day off request for tomorrow => get logged and no conflict

Does someone know why use case 2 should not be working like use case 1?

Thanks
    #Genesys Cloud
    #WorkforceManagement

------------------------------
    Hichem Agrebi
    CC-Expertise Ltd

• 2.  RE: Time off conflicts

GENESYS
    Posted 04-28-2021 06:25
    Hi Hitchem,

This should help to answer your query:

Calendar Object Hierarchy

When you enter more than one kind of Calendar item for an agent at the same time, a hierarchy determines which takes precedence. The higher priority item appears as Granted, and incompatible lower-priority items appear as Declined.

The order of priority for exceptions and preferences is:

1. Granted full-day exceptions.
    2. Granted days off.
    3. Granted full-day time off.
    4. Granted availability.
    5. Granted shifts.
    6. Granted paid (working) hours.
    7. Granted part-day exceptions, granted part-day time off.
    8. Rotating patterns.
    9. Preferred items (including exceptions, paid hours, and time off with preferred status).

Tracy
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Time off conflicts

Posted 04-28-2021 07:18
    Thanks Tracy, much appreciate that.
    In the described use cases both day off and time off request were in pending status so not approved thus not granted.
    I didn't try also to enter these time off requests at the same time, the actions were sequential and it allowed to submit a time off request on top of an existing pending full day request but did raise a conflict when a full day request was requested on top of pending partial time off request.
    It seems to contradict with what you mentioned as granted days off would override the time off.

Can you pls test the described 2 cases and let me know if that corresponds to the expected behavior? I just fail to grasp the rationale behind it.

thanks 
    Regards

Hichem Agrebi

• 4.  RE: Time off conflicts

GENESYS
    Posted 04-29-2021 07:34
    Hi Hichem,

When I tested the full day time off always has preference over part day request (see below and submitted date and time):

My questions are:
    1. Are they requesting 'full day' time off or specifying 'start end end times'
    2. Day off - do you mean a rostered day off or a vacation day off?
    3. Pending - is the request preferred?
    4. Conflict - do you get an error/warning mesage?

Tracy
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Time off conflicts

Posted 04-29-2021 10:40
    Edited by Tracy Vickers 08-17-2021 06:25
    Hi Tracy,

I am using Genesys Cloud. The two requests are made by the agent from the schedule tab. The full days off doesn't change the behavior regardless of the start and end time selected. That's also an odd thing for me: why are users prompted with start and end time selection when they select full day. A full day mean 24h for me so no need for time selection.

I don't understand what makes the request preferred. It was submitted and in pending status. When I query using the API I don't see the preferred parameter.
    As for the conflict message yes, I only get it for the use case 1: when full day off is requested on top of pending time off request. I don't get it in use case 2: when part time is requested on top of a pending time off request.

use case1
    1. Create time off request for part of a day for tomorrow=> time off status=pending
    2. Create full day off request for tomorrow => cannot log the request because of a conflict (since time off was created in step 1

use case2
    1. Create full day off request f for tomorrow=> time off status=pending
    2. Create part day off request for tomorrow => get logged and no conflict

Thanks

Hichem Agrebi
    hichem.agrebi@cc-expertise.com
    CC-Expertise Ltd

• 6.  RE: Time off conflicts

GENESYS
    Posted 04-29-2021 11:50
    Apologies - @Jay Langsford would you be able to assist Hichem with his question, please?​

Tracy
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Time off conflicts

GENESYS
    Posted 04-29-2021 11:59

An agent is not prompted for start/end time if they select full-day time off request - they are prompted for total hours.

I would recommend opening a support ticket if you feel one of your use cases should behave differently.

When you say 'conflict', what is the precise message displayed to you?

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 8.  RE: Time off conflicts

Posted 04-29-2021 12:24
    Thanks Jay,

interestingly enough the test that didn't go through yesterday is going through fine today so I can request a full day off on top of time off request in pending state (I assume this is allowed).
    For the day off, it prompt actually with hour selection as per above screenshot, so my expectation as an end user is that full day is 24h and no need to specify the number of hours especially if it is not clear from what time the the 2 hours start during the full day off. I couldn't figure out wht it has been designed like this. May be there's a good reason behind?

Hichem Agrebi
    CC-Expertise Ltd

• 9.  RE: Time off conflicts

GENESYS
    Posted 04-29-2021 13:39
    Length is important especially if it is a paid time off activity type...we would want to know if we should allocate 4h, 6h, 8h, etc.

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 10.  RE: Time off conflicts

Posted 04-29-2021 15:57
    Thanks Jay for that. I would have still assumed that all paid activities of the scheduled day would count automatically towards the total paid off time. I guess this will become clearer when time off accrual is released.
    This is clear for now. thanks again.

Hichem Agrebi
    CC-Expertise Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources