Workforce Engagement Management

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Business Unit Time Zone

Posted 06-30-2020 12:11
    No replies, thread closed.
    Once a business unit time zone is selected and saved can it be changed?
    #AskMeAnything(AMA)
    #WorkforceManagement

------------------------------
    Lisa Cummings
    AdaptHealth LLC

• 2.  RE: Business Unit Time Zone

GENESYS
    Posted 07-01-2020 09:25
    Hi Lisa,

When creating a BU once you have saved, the timezone field is no longer editable.

Chip Funk
    Manager, Business Consulting
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Business Unit Time Zone

Posted 07-01-2020 09:30
    Yes we finally came to that conclusion.  In reading I see that it defaults to the region that the user is in and seems like a simple mistake that can cause quite a bit of rework.  Do  you know the reason behind it?

Lisa Cummings
    AdaptHealth LLC

• 4.  RE: Business Unit Time Zone

GENESYS
    Posted 07-01-2020 09:54

HI Lisa,

I don't actually know the reason, but my assumption is that allowing that field to be edited once you are using the tool will likely result in some disruption or inaccuracy in the existing forecasts and schedules.

As a reminder to those that may be following this thread, for Operations (and therefore schedules) that span timezones, users i,e, agents, WFM admins, Sups, etc. will see the information in their local timezone regardless of the BU setting.

Chip Funk
    Manager, Business Consulting
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Business Unit Time Zone

Posted 07-01-2020 10:29
    Chip,

What we found was that the manager creating the schedules was in the Eastern Time zone and created the schedules based on that information. The BU was in Central Time.  When we created the schedules we found that the schedules had agents starting at 9 am based on the BU Time Zone vs. the correct time of 8 am.  Since that was the time zone that was out of sync we thought it would be the easiest fix to change at that level.

I totally understand your point on the forecast and other impacts.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Lisa Cummings
    AdaptHealth LLC

• 6.  RE: Business Unit Time Zone

GENESYS
    Posted 07-02-2020 10:04

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/add-a-business-unit/ has the following two notes:

Note: After you create the business unit, you cannot change the start day of the week or the time zone. If you need to modify a business unit for these parameters, create a new business unit and configure it to match the previous one.

Note: The default time zone is the current location's time zone.

The reason we do not allow a change here is because of forecasts and schedules that were created based on a specific time zone and/or start date. Allowing a change to either could result in a wide range of ramifications. Just for time zone it could be, in the most extreme case, a change of 26-hours; for start day of week it could be 7 days.

I will put an enhancement request in our backlog to add some informational text on the BU create dialog noting that these two fields cannot be changed after creation to at least give the end-user a pause.

You can see another thread along with my two replies regarding work plan start times accounting for time zone differences between agent(s) and business unit here.

Jay Langsford
    Senior Director, Workforce Optimization Engineering

• 7.  RE: Business Unit Time Zone

Posted 07-09-2020 10:27

Jay:

Thanks for the additional information.  This is most helpful.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources