Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  AMA: Maximum Occupancy % for Deferred Work

GENESYS
    Posted 08-11-2021 11:37
    Edited by Tracy Vickers 08-17-2021 06:25
    No replies, thread closed.
    Hi AMA! 

I would like to get more information about the "Maximum Occupancy % for Deferred Work" setting that is available under the Management Unit. 

I understand the overall concept of it but I would like to get a better understanding of how this setting is impacting the agents schedules or what should I be looking at or considering when configuring this setting. Will this setting have any impact on the headcount when generating a schedule?

Thanks!
    Tam

#Genesys Cloud
    #WorkforceManagement
    #AskMeAnything(AMA)

------------------------------
    Tam Cao
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: AMA: Maximum Occupancy % for Deferred Work

GENESYS
    Posted 08-11-2021 12:16
    Tam Cao, 

Yes agents schedules can be impacted when being applying the max occupancy for deferred work by the scheduling engine. When occupancy for deferred work is > what a natural occupancy would be for a typical call media type service level, it would also look to increase the occupancy of an agent that is configured to handle both immediate and deferred work interactions. 

If you have not already seen this, the resource center has the following article on deferred work. https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-deferred-work/  

Example: If you set a service goal so that agents will likely handle calls for 85% of their time, and then set the maximum occupancy percentage for deferred work to 95%, then the scheduling engine adds enough deferred work to require up to 10% of the agents' time. This feature allows agents configured to receive multiple interactions the ability to receive supplemental work while waiting for other interactions to arrive.

Thank you for participating in our AMA today. 

Chuck Swain
    Genesys
    WEM Leadership

• 3.  RE: AMA: Maximum Occupancy % for Deferred Work

GENESYS
    Posted 05-16-2022 09:02
    Edited by Munehito Suzuki 05-16-2022 20:14
    I deleted this because I accidentally posted the same message twice.

• 4.  RE: AMA: Maximum Occupancy % for Deferred Work

GENESYS
    Posted 05-16-2022 20:10
    Edited by Munehito Suzuki 05-19-2022 20:06

I deleted this post because I started another discussion about it.

• 5.  RE: AMA: Maximum Occupancy % for Deferred Work

GENESYS
    Posted 08-11-2021 12:17
    Hi Tam - First of all - This setting is for Deferred work which is used for work that exceeds the typical svl goal of 15mins - usually work like email where svl goals are longer than voice interactions. It increases the overall occupancy rate of the agent by providing more "deferred work" like emails based on the setting.

Example from the Resource Center ...
    If you set a service goal so that agents will likely handle calls for 85% of their time, and then set the maximum occupancy percentage for deferred work to 95%, then the scheduling engine adds enough deferred work to require up to 10% of the agents' time. This feature allows agents configured to receive multiple interactions the ability to receive supplemental work while waiting for other interactions to arrive. This is a great feature to keep your employees occupied in between calls so they don't get bored...

Hopefully that makes more sense... here is the link to the Resource Center https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-deferred-work/
    Or you can find it on the Help functionality in Genesys Cloud WFM search function. 
    Thanks, 

Annick Duffy
    WEM Knowledge Hub Leader
    Genesys.com

• 6.  RE: AMA: Maximum Occupancy % for Deferred Work

GENESYS
    Posted 08-11-2021 14:21
    Thank you all for your helpful responses! 

Another quick question related to this topic, will agent utilization has an impact on the Maximum Occupancy % for deferred work?

Thanks!
    Tam

Tam Cao
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: AMA: Maximum Occupancy % for Deferred Work

GENESYS
    Posted 08-11-2021 15:23
    Tam Cao, 

If an agent can handle both immediate and deferred work the scheduling engine uses occupancy as it's gauge for distributing deferred interactions to reach 95%. 

Occupancy

This metric represents the total time that agents actually spend handling interactions:

• Predicted calculation is the total time predicted to be in Interacting routing status / total scheduled on-queue time in interval.
    • Actual calculation is the total time in Interacting routing status / total actual on-queue time (Interacting + Communicating + Idle routing status time) in interval.

Chuck Swain
    Genesys
    WEM Leadership

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources