Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Industry Topic - Thoughts on KPIs and Metrics

GENESYS
    Posted 05-28-2020 12:40
    No replies, thread closed.

Hey everyone,

Alexander emailed with the following question:

Are there any specific Metrics or KPI's which indicate that a WFM solution is working well, or alternatively are there Metric / KPI's which indicate that a WFM solution needs to be improved or tuned?

Working as a Service Provider, we want to do more than simply monitor the status of an environments applications, .i.e. Running / Stopped.

We want to understand how well environments are performing in terms of how they are tuned to be as efficient and effective as possible.

I would love to know which statistics best indicate the effectiveness of a clients current WFM / WEM solution.

I imagine this conversation could be fun. Enjoy!

#AskMeAnything(AMA)
    #IndustryTopic

------------------------------
    Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Manager, Online Communities

• 2.  RE: Industry Topic - Thoughts on KPIs and Metrics

GENESYS
    Posted 05-28-2020 12:47
    at its most basic level, if your predicted SL matches (reasonably closely) your actual SL.  But keep in mind, not matching can be caused by many factors besides the scheduling algorithm.  For example, if agents do not follow their schedules then adherence is the cause of the SL not matching.  Or if  your forecast is off, then your SL will be off.  Once you eliminate all other factors then you can evaluate your skilling and queue strategy to see if you simulate your routing effectively.  So SL projection and actual is your start, but it takes a lot of work to determine the issue.  In nearly 20 years of WFM, the success of a WFM tool predicting SL is almost always related to either practice or configuration issues.

Daniel Rickwalder
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Industry Topic - Thoughts on KPIs and Metrics

GENESYS
    Posted 05-28-2020 12:49
    Edited by Thomas Tritten 05-28-2020 12:50

Great question!!
    In my experience, understanding if your WFM solution is working "well" all depends on the specific issues you are looking to improve upon within your business. 

Are you dealing with poor customer experience? (Survey Scores)
    Are you looking to streamline your operations budget? (Forecasted Costs vs. Scheduled Costs)
    Are you looking to increase the productivity of your agents? (Working time vs. Shrinkage)
    Are you looking to increase FCR or decrease customer wait times? (Transfer rates, SLA, ASA)

All of these can be accomplished through the proper application of a WFM Solution, it's just a matter of identifying your pain points and focusing on the specific KPIs that ease that "pain".
    The beauty of the Genesys WFM Solutions is they have the ability to tap into all of the KPIs that are inherent parts of the Genesys environments and cater your operations to those...

ThomasTritten
    WFO Solution Architecture
    Genesys - Employees
    thomas.tritten_ii@genesys.com

• 4.  RE: Industry Topic - Thoughts on KPIs and Metrics

GENESYS
    Posted 05-28-2020 13:00
    Measuring the efficacy of your planning practice is something that should be a routine activity each week and should be jointly execute by your WF planning team and Operational leaders.  As Dan mentioned there are many factors that influence your planned results, i.e. was my plan accurate, if no why?, did the operation effectively execute, if no why? I recommend two weekly meetings to customers, "look ahead" and "look back", both are key to continuous improvement and the WFM planning cycle.

Chip Funk
    Manager, Business Consulting
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Industry Topic - Thoughts on KPIs and Metrics

Posted 06-01-2020 01:51
    Thank you Everyone for the thoughts.

I will look into the SL's as suggested by Daniel and Chip. I think Thomas also makes  a great point regarding understanding what needs to be improved, its about context too.
    I also think that the metrics we review will have varying importance to each of our clients, depending upon each of their business objectives.

As a service provider, it would be great to use WEM/ WFM data as a guide to how each clients contact centre is performing and allow us to work closely with them to achieve the best possible outcomes.

Alexander Black
    NTT Australia Pty Ltd.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources