Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

WFM Statistics - Scheduled vs Calculated vs Forecasted

Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  WFM Statistics - Scheduled vs Calculated vs Forecasted

Posted 06-08-2021 01:00
    No replies, thread closed.

Hi there,

We are attempting to understand the difference in the various statistics in WFM, namely between Scheduled, Calculated and Forecasted. For example, calculated staffing vs scheduled staffing (I assume this is "Coverage"), what are the main differences?

In the scenario involving staffing, understanding this will help us know how many staff the forecasting engine predicts we need for each interval, versus the actual number we are scheduling on.

I have combed through quite a few Genesys guides, but the descriptions are not very helpful unfortunately. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
    Tang

#Scheduling
    #Workforce Engagement Management

------------------------------
    Hou Ket Tang
    Brisbane City Council

• 2.  RE: WFM Statistics - Scheduled vs Calculated vs Forecasted

GENESYS
    Posted 06-08-2021 05:31
    Hi Tang,

Which screens are you looking at in particular?

Tracy
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: WFM Statistics - Scheduled vs Calculated vs Forecasted

Posted 06-13-2021 19:33

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for your prompt response. This is primarily on the Performance > Intra-Day page, but these measures can be found in various parts of WFM (for example, Contact Centre Performance Report, Schedule > Master Schedule > Intra-Day etc.)

Thank you.

Tang

Hou Ket Tang
    Brisbane City Council

• 4.  RE: WFM Statistics - Scheduled vs Calculated vs Forecasted

GENESYS
    Posted 06-14-2021 06:34
      |   view attached
    Hi Tang,

The attached document I put together to try to help the questions around these statistics - let me know if that helps. If not I can source more information.

Tracy
    Genesys

Attachment(s)

• 5.  RE: WFM Statistics - Scheduled vs Calculated vs Forecasted

Posted 06-14-2021 21:03

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for sending this through. It unfortunately does not provide detailed explanation on the measures. For example, Staffing - Calculated is defined as "The number of agents per timestep for each activity. Taken from the Master Schedule" whereas Coverage is defined as "Number of agents scheduled for each activity" in the same table. Reading these definitions, I'm unsure how they are actually calculated/ defined, and what their differences are, and subsequently what scenarios to use each of the measure.

Is there other information that explains this a little better?

Thank you for your ongoing support.

Regards,

Tang

Hou Ket Tang
    Brisbane City Council

• 6.  RE: WFM Statistics - Scheduled vs Calculated vs Forecasted

GENESYS
    Posted 06-15-2021 07:27
    Hi Tang,

OK so the Staffing - Calculated is the Calculated staffing taken from the Master Forecast and the Covrage is the staffing taken from the master schedule.
    Coverage equals the agent coverage. i.e. two agents working 7.5 minutes in a 15minute interval, the coverage would be '1' The same example will return '2' for the headcount.

Tracy
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: WFM Statistics - Scheduled vs Calculated vs Forecasted

Posted 06-15-2021 15:27
    How would I get to this WFM Performance IntraDay View?

Lisa Cummings
    AdaptHealth LLC

• 8.  RE: WFM Statistics - Scheduled vs Calculated vs Forecasted

Posted 06-15-2021 19:18
    Hi Tracy,

Thank you for the explanation. Can you elaborate further on your advice? Am I right in understanding that Calculated Staffing is what the system thinks the number of staff you need for each time step to meet the SLA, based on the demand (call volume and AHT), whereas coverage is the staffing level that we have scheduled? 

If yes, can we compare the both with the assumption that the difference is what's required vs what's actually happened?

Staffing is also just an example, we also need to understand the relationship between calculated, scheduled, required and forecasted for some of the other measures, such as Service Level.

@Lisa Cummings, assuming you are on Genesys Engage Cloud (and on the same version we have), you can do so by navigating to the top left corner Home>Performance>Intra-Day. You may be able find some information here. Hope that helps!

Thanks,
    Tang

Hou Ket Tang
    Brisbane City Council

• 9.  RE: WFM Statistics - Scheduled vs Calculated vs Forecasted

Posted 06-15-2021 19:23
    We are on Genesys Cloud, might be different versions.  I would love to see an example of this report.
    It is something I have been wondering about since I started using this software.

Lisa Cummings
    AdaptHealth LLC

• 10.  RE: WFM Statistics - Scheduled vs Calculated vs Forecasted

GENESYS
    Posted 06-17-2021 10:20
    @Lisa Cummings if you are on Genesys Cloud you can see the Intraday under Performance > IntraDay Monitoring​

Tracy
    Genesys

• 11.  RE: WFM Statistics - Scheduled vs Calculated vs Forecasted

GENESYS
    Posted 06-17-2021 11:12
    Hi Tang,

You can see the difference on the Master Schedule Intraday Screen > uncheck Full Day view check box and the grid below the graph gives you the information, you can add rows by clicking on the options > Performance tab

I have attached an old document I had explaining the columns on the Performance Intraday and Schedule Summary pages that will also help with the other columns

Tracy
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources