Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  AMA: WFM - How and Where do I Start if I'm New to WFM in Genesys Cloud CX

Posted 08-11-2021 10:58
    Edited by Tracy Vickers 08-11-2021 11:16
    No replies, thread closed.
    The Resource Center does a great job in briefly explaining the pieces and parts of WFM (Forecasting and Scheduling).

But, let's say that I'm a Supervisor that, before moving to Genesys Cloud CX, always looked at historical data in reports and then "knew," based on the reports, how many agents I needed to schedule and then I created a schedule in Excel and emailed it to each team and the agents. Now, my Company is moving to Genesys Cloud CX and I can now use Genesys Cloud CX WFM and I see that there are these things called Business Units and Management Units and Planning Groups and Work Plans and ... so I go to the Resource Center and I read the description of each and I kind of understand but I'm not certain about how all of it fits together and how, more importantly, settings in each of those items could possibly cause unintentional problems with forecasting or scheduling.

So, my questions are:
    1. What are the steps to setup WFM in a basic/simple way just to get started - let's say for one "group"? (e.g., first you create a Business Unit, etc.)
    2. Is there a diagram that shows how each component references the other or is contained within another component?
    3. Does https://beyond.genesys.com/explore/course/genesys-cloud-workforce-management cover all of these concepts and more?

#AskMeAnything(AMA)

------------------------------
    Dan Fontaine
    ConvergeOne, Inc.

• 2.  RE: AMA: WFM - How and Where do I Start if I'm New to WFM in Genesys Cloud CX

GENESYS
    Posted 08-11-2021 11:28
    Hi Dan,

You are correct that settings could have a downstream impact other areas when setting up a new group.  We would recommend reaching out to your sales team to have a conversation around a consulting session to advise on these and document the process moving forward considering the unique attributes of your business.

Jeff Whitt
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: AMA: WFM - How and Where do I Start if I'm New to WFM in Genesys Cloud CX

Posted 08-11-2021 12:27
    Edited by Dan Fontaine 08-11-2021 12:28
    LOL, I am the Sales Team - I can explain these items and show how to use them but only because I have been working with Genesys Cloud CX WFM since the beginning. And, of course, ConvergeOne has WFM Experts for all Genesys Solutions that can offer assistance and provide services to folks that need help.

I guess I was looking for more of a tutorial for the basics for supervisors that are trying to learn on their own - might be a good addition to the Resource Center?

Dan Fontaine
    ConvergeOne, Inc.

• 4.  RE: AMA: WFM - How and Where do I Start if I'm New to WFM in Genesys Cloud CX
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 08-11-2021 11:46
    Hi Dan, 
    Have you seen these overview videos from our BEYOND Education Learning center https://beyond.genesys.com/explore/videos 
    Great source of high level overviews in addition to the Resource Center. The course you referenced would definitely help you as you start to work with WFM in Genesys Cloud. Matching your business model to how you want to configure your forecasts to derive the best schedules is key and foundational to an accurate view of your IntraDay performance to hit service levels - I always mapped that out on a whiteboard with the team, then replicated it within the software - if you need additional support, let us know. 
    Tip: The HELP functionality within the software gets you to the info you may need quickly... 

Annick Duffy
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: AMA: WFM - How and Where do I Start if I'm New to WFM in Genesys Cloud CX

Posted 08-11-2021 12:37
    Edited by Dan Fontaine 08-11-2021 12:43
    No, I have not seen those videos - they look very promising and I will check them out. Thank you!

But the reason that I didn't see them is because if I am in Beyond and simply query WEM, WFM or workforce management, the videos don't show up in the search results. All I see are Courses in my search results - no videos. I'll send a message to beyond@genesys.com to see if they are interested in changing that or adding instructions regarding the need change the Resources to Videos to see those videos.

Thanks again for the help!

Dan Fontaine
    ConvergeOne, Inc.

• 6.  RE: AMA: WFM - How and Where do I Start if I'm New to WFM in Genesys Cloud CX

GENESYS
    Posted 08-11-2021 14:12
    Hi @Dan Fontaine
    Annick is correct. Thank you @Annick Duffy for  your help.
    The videos for beyond WEM, WFM are provided on the https://beyond.genesys.com/explore/videos​​.
    The beyond website search is limited to searching for courses this at time, but I can mention this to the beyond business team for future discussion.

Once you are in the videos page, if you scroll to the bottom, there's a "Recommended" filter to filter videos by grouping.
    If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Thank

Tien Le
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources