Latitude by Genesys - User Group

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Job manager errors after moving from 8.5 to 10SU9

Posted 05-26-2021 11:11
    Hi all, its been awhile since I've been around, mainly that we have finally moved to V10.  I am having an issue that seems to be based on the upgrade as I did not experience this in version 8.5.

What is occurring is that some of our waterfall processes are custom, in 8.5 if there was no data to send then it would create a blank file, but now in v10 it creates it will thrown an error saying table 0 does not exist.  This happens in both Job manager and on the Exchange client after getting the blank preview window and selecting export and confirming the name of the file.  And the file is never written.

The stored procedure starts off with an If exists statement to see if any records are ready to be sent if there are 0 records then the stored procedure would return nothing to exchange.

I believe I have a workaround to this involving a SQL job to perform the If Exists portion and then if there is data then it would enable the job and update the next run date so it would kick off the job then.

But I wanted to see if anyone knew of an easier way to handle this in either the query or in the xsl transformation portion of exchange.

TIA,

Brian
    #DesktopV10
    #Exchange
    #JobManager

------------------------------
    Brian Meehan
    Programming Consultant
    SIMM Associates, Inc.
    brianm@simmassociates.com

• 2.  RE: Job manager errors after moving from 8.5 to 10SU9

GCAP Member
    Posted 05-26-2021 11:22
    Edited by Dan Medina 05-26-2021 11:25
    Your stored proc needs to return an empty dataset instead of a null or error result so that Exchange can return the result of "there were no records to process"... otherwise the data transformation is invalid.

Modify the stored proc to drop the table if exists, create it, and then insert into. Switch from using a "select into" approach to "creating the table and then insert into".

Dan Medina
    Gulf Coast Collection Bureau, Inc.
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/danmedina1