Latitude by Genesys - User Group

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Only Debit Cards Accepted Permissions

Posted 06-24-2021 17:21
    Hello,

We have a new customer that does not allow us to accept credit cards; however we have other clients whose accounts are housed in the same database that do allow payment by credit card.

If the permission "Only Debit Cards Accepted" is enabled at the customer level for a single customer and we populate the list of BINs into the BIN_List table, will this present any issues for entering credit card payments for other customers?

Thanks,
    Megan
    #OtherToolsandUtillities
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Megan Howard
    Reliant Capital Solutions, LLC

• 2.  RE: Only Debit Cards Accepted Permissions

Posted 06-24-2021 17:27
    Megan,
    Which version of Latitude are you on?  I can attempt to replicate and test on my side for you. 

Unless of course someone already knows the answer. 

John Everman
    (913) 302-9615
    (sent from my phone)

• 3.  RE: Only Debit Cards Accepted Permissions

Posted 06-25-2021 08:10
    Hi John,

This particular question is regarding our 10.8 environment.

Thanks,
    Megan

Megan Howard
    Reliant Capital Solutions, LLC

• 4.  RE: Only Debit Cards Accepted Permissions

Posted 06-25-2021 08:48
    Megan,

If the permission is set at a customer level, you should have no issue with other customers accepting credit cards.

Eric Cartwright
    eric.cartwright@tecsg.com
    TEC Services Group, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Only Debit Cards Accepted Permissions

Posted 06-25-2021 09:53
    Hi Megan,

We just went through our conversion from 8.5 to 10.9 and I just finished up this part the other day.  It will work as intended as Eric stated.  The one thing is you will also need to configure all of the other settings under Add PDC.  One issue I did find is that when you use Resultant Set of Policies it can play some tricks on the effective policy it shows.  I had a customer group set with Debit only, then at the role level the Add PDC settings for manager the Debit card only is not checked.  When you run the resultant policy check, it will show the Custom group and role selections for Add PDC, but when you look at the effective settings, Debit card won't be checked, even though you set it for that customer.  But when you do go to the customer and try to enter a credit card it will still give the alert that Debit cards are only accepted, so it is a little deceiving to rely on the resultant policies module, its better to test it instead.

Brian Meehan
    Programming Consultant
    SIMM Associates, Inc.
    brianm@simmassociates.comPA