Latitude by Genesys - User Group

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Odd export to text file behavior, append not overwrite

Posted 09-02-2021 09:42
    Hey all,

I'm trying to figure out is this is something with Microsoft or a configuration issue with exchange or a bug.  I put in a ticket but they couldn't reproduce.  But if I have an exchange export to a text file, and then export it again and want to use the same file name, I choose to overwrite the file, but instead it appends the file.  File extension doesn't matter it occurs when using the fixed length export with any file extension.  The export to excel doesn't have this problem.

Has anyone else had this happen?  Or if you are bored see if you get the same result.

We are on:
    Version 10 SU9

TIA,
    Brian
    #Exchange

------------------------------
    Brian Meehan
    Programming Consultant
    SIMM Associates, Inc.
    brianm@simmassociates.comPA
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Odd export to text file behavior, append not overwrite

Posted 09-02-2021 11:15
    Brian,
    I too have seen this happen but specifically when the job is running on the same day. I can typically replicate it by letting Job Manager create the file. Then going to Exchange and export again with "Using Process".   I haven't uncovered the root cause but did create a band-aid approach to fixing it. I use a secondary job and move the created file to another location. 

I know that's not a great answer but it is one that has worked for me.  

Are you seeing this only happen on the same day?  That's been my only way to replicate it.