Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Can I run an Outbound Campaign for agents that are also receiving Inbound Calls?

Posted 02-06-2018 22:05

Is anyone doing this today? I thought that this was possible, but if I run an Outbound Campaign (on Progressive) for agents that are also receiving Inbound Calls, however system fails to recognize that the agent is on a call that originated from 1) an Outbound Campaign or 2) an Inbound Call Flow...

So when the 2nd call connects (outbound for example) it will put the inbound call that the agent is currently handling on hold and connect the agent to the new outbound call. Now the agent has to quickly place the outbound customer on hold, switch back to the original call, finish that call and then go back to the 2nd customer to complete that interaction... meanwhile this behavior can happen again if another call comes in.

Also - This happens even for "IVR Scheduled Callbacks" where the customer requested a callback. If my agent is on an inbound call and the callback connects to the customer, it automatically connects to an agent and places their existing call on hold.

This makes no sense!

• 2.  RE: Can I run an Outbound Campaign for agents that are also receiving Inbound Calls?

Posted 02-09-2018 18:35

Hi Michael,

Based on your first example (agent is on an inbound call, and the outbound call "overrides" it), it sounds like there might be an issue with the Utilization settings.

If you go to Admin->Contact Center->Utilization

https://apps.mypurecloud.com/directory/#/admin/admin/organization/utilization

You will have settings on how many voice interactions an agent can have. I would set it to 1 and see if that fixes the issue. Let me know what you find!

• 3.  RE: Can I run an Outbound Campaign for agents that are also receiving Inbound Calls?

Posted 02-21-2018 14:44

Hi @Jan Helgeson? I checked that and only have 1 concurrent call allowed at a time. Apparently PureCloud can't handle call routing if an agent is in both an inbound queue AND an outbound queue running an outbound campaign at the same time. The outbound queue doesn't identify that the agent is already on a call from another queue and it connects the outbound call to that agent.

Pretty bad coding from what I see as it relates to this feature.

Our customer care team does welcome calls during their idle time, on our previous dialer this wasn't an issue and I was told PureCloud could handle it, but apparently they didn't account for a multiple queue environment.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources