Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a way to create an outbound call flow that doesn't need a contact list?

• 1.  Is there a way to create an outbound call flow that doesn't need a contact list?

Posted 02-05-2018 18:01

Use Case:

I'm using an outbound campaign, set with predictive dialing, that uses the call analysis responses. The call analysis response checks to see if it's an answering machine that answers, if yes goto an outbound call flow, that leaves an automated message on the customers voicemail.

So the campaign has a contact list associated to it. But then it would seem that I have to set the same contact list to the outbound call flow, which then limits the re-usability of that outbound call flow, as for every campaign I would now need a 1-to-1 campaign to outbound call flow design, instead of a many-to-1 campaign to outbound call flow design.

Has anyone figured this out?

• 2.  RE: Is there a way to create an outbound call flow that doesn't need a contact list?

Posted 02-09-2018 18:24

Hi Jonathan,

I've used the same outbound flow for lots of different campaigns, that all had different contact lists. I'm assuming you are referring to the Contact List that you set under "Outbound Settings" in the Outbound Call flow.

What I've found is that you don't need to change this field, as it has no effect on the Outbound flow itself, unless you are planning on using Contact List properties/data in the call flow. In my case, I don't need any of the contact list info to leave a VM, so I just left that field set to a test contact list I used when I originally setup the flow.

If you are planning on using contact list column data somewhere in the Outbound flow (eg leaving a different VM message based on a value in the contact record), then you would need to update the Contact List under outbound settings so the flow knows where to pull data.

Hopefully that answers your question!

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources