Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Architect - Collect Input Action specials keys

Posted 12-20-2017 18:03

Hi everyone.

I have a question related to “Collect Input” action and specials keys “*” and “#”.

I noticed that when I press one of these keys, the flow takes the Failure path and the input variable is “NOT_SET”.

On our IVR, we need to distinguish when a customer presses this kind of keys and when he/she does not press a key (which also redirect the flow to the Failure path and the input variable is “NOT_SET”).

Is there any way of distinguish these two situations?

Thank you in advance.

Ana Laia

• 2.  RE: Architect - Collect Input Action specials keys

GENESYS
    Posted 12-21-2017 14:23

Hi,

This functionality is not currently available unfortunately. We do hope to implement this feature in the future but it is not currently on our short term road map.

Kind Regards,

Rebecca

• 3.  RE: Architect - Collect Input Action specials keys

Posted 12-22-2017 11:54

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for your answer. I'll try to find another solution for this kind of situations.

Best regards,

Ana

• 4.  RE: Architect - Collect Input Action specials keys

Posted 03-16-2020 09:06
    Hello Laia,

I want to do the same for our Customer, and i'm asking if you have found solution please ?

Thank you
    Regards
    Salim

------------------------------
    Salim Nouh
    NTT France

• 5.  RE: Architect - Collect Input Action specials keys

Posted 03-16-2020 12:23
    As Rebecca said, the functionality is on the roadmap for an after call action.  I would suspect 3rd Q for that that, but nothing firm.  

Other options are:
    • Write a web service that monitors a queue or multiple queues for disconnects and then looks for no agent connection.  If NOT_SET or SYSTEM, then act on it.
    • Use API to export interactions with a queue but no user set and then act on them.  

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 6.  RE: Architect - Collect Input Action specials keys

Posted 08-13-2020 05:58
    Hi Robert,
    In collect input action now there are "Accept just '*'" and "Accept just '#'" flags, that from documentation allow the caller digit * and # without to take the fault branch, nut from our tests they don't work, if the flags are selected the call tooks alway fault branch. Is this functionality enabled or not yet?

Thanks
    Luca​

Luca Assandro
    Lutech S.p.A.

• 7.  RE: Architect - Collect Input Action specials keys

Posted 08-13-2020 11:10
    The Accept Just will take the failure route, and you can decide at that point if you want to retry or move on.  When you have that, I found it is best if you use the terminating digit as well instead of just the number of digits.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 8.  RE: Architect - Collect Input Action specials keys

Posted 08-26-2020 05:38
    The problem is that when you press "*" key, the other dtmf are not stored in result variable, cause the flow is exit on fail branch, I will try with a loop of collect input at 1 digit

Luca Assandro
    Lutech S.p.A.

• 9.  RE: Architect - Collect Input Action specials keys

GENESYS
    Posted 09-02-2020 12:11
    If you select the Accept just '*' or Accept just '#' setting, it means just that. The Collect Input action expects just a * or just a #no other DTMF.

So, if you want to put together a variable which contains a * or # along with DTMF you need two separate Collect Input actions, each with its own variable, then concatenate the two into one with an Update Data action.

​​

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources