Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Audio Codes FXS/FXO registration

Posted 12-09-2017 09:03

Dear All,

I have an Audiocodes MP-118 device and I need to register both FXS and FXO ports with Purecloud.

I did that several times with Pureconnect but it is not working with same configuration with Purecloud.

I appreciate if you can share brief information or a document for Audiocodes configuration.

Regards,

Güçhan

• 2.  RE: Audio Codes FXS/FXO registration

GENESYS
    Posted 12-13-2017 19:29

You would create a Generic Station in PureCloud documented here

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/configure-generic-sip-phone/

Then you would point the FXS to register with the Edge's IP address, protocol, and port that your SIP Phone trunk is listening on that matches the Line Appearance ID of your generic station. The vendor of the FXS should have documentation that covers that.

• 3.  RE: Audio Codes FXS/FXO registration

Posted 12-13-2017 19:44

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the answer.

I did this configuration several times depending vendor's documentation for PureConnect. But it is not same for PureCloud I think, it is not working.

If there is anyone who already did MediaGateway's configuration, maybe share it with us.

Güçhan

• 4.  RE: Audio Codes FXS/FXO registration

Posted 06-21-2018 03:16
    Hi
    I know it is an hold configuration but I have exactly the same problem here.
    Any help qpuld be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Gennaro

------------------------------
    Gennaro Montanino
    Swisscom (Schweiz) AG

• 5.  RE: Audio Codes FXS/FXO registration

GENESYS
    Posted 06-21-2018 08:26
    I have an FXS gateway registered to my edges in PureCloud. It is set up as a ring-down phone (dials a number automatically), but that's pretty easy to change. I have my two edges set up as the proxies.

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 6.  RE: Audio Codes FXS/FXO registration

GENESYS
    Posted 06-21-2018 08:28
      |   view attached
    I tried attaching the .ini file to my last post, but that was the wrong format. Here is a .zip file with the .ini

George Ganahl
    Genesys

Attachment(s)

zip
    MP112FXS.zip   2 KB 1 version

• 7.  RE: Audio Codes FXS/FXO registration

Posted 06-22-2018 03:45
    Hi George
    thank for sharing. Actually the .ini file you send to me is quite the same.
    I have already configured the Mediant to point to PureCloud Edge server as Proxy. The behavior is quite strange:
    1) sometimes the Mediant register without problem to Edge and the extension is green and the contact address is 189@ip address from Mediant
    2) then it works for a while, I calculate this while in one hour. Here I see a timeout of 3600 configured in the line phone.
    3) sometime the registration is not working at all even if in the SIP Trace from Edge I can see the correct request coming from Mediant and the correct answer from Edge! See here
    83i4rD0TNWRoStlCfMgQ_REGISTER_OK_1.PNG
    IUocjgzATUfIYfljSx8m_REGISTER_OK_2.PNG
    What happen is that after one hour it drops and the phone is red (not registered).

Gennaro Montanino
    Swisscom (Schweiz) AG

• 8.  RE: Audio Codes FXS/FXO registration

GENESYS
    Posted 06-22-2018 17:11
    If it were my gateway, I would set up a Syslog server and under the Management Settings on the gateway Enable Syslog, pointing it to my syslog server. That way you can capture the message log info from the gateway and see if the gateway is having any problems that are not showing up in Wireshark (because it is having network communication problems, for example).

George Ganahl
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources