Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Improve audio quality of an upload to prompt

Posted 12-06-2017 12:43

Hello

On the architect :

After upgrading an audio to a prompt, the quality is not as good as my file before.

Is there a way to manage the audio compression ?

Or is it an other cause ? 

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards.

• 2.  RE: Improve audio quality of an upload to prompt

GENESYS
    Posted 12-06-2017 14:23

Hello! When audio is uploaded into Architect, it is transcoded into a format that can be played on an edge device. Currently that format is 8-bit sample size, 8khz sample rate, single channel (mono), µ-law encoding. So, as it stands right now, that is intended behavior. Higher quality audio recordings may not be playable on the edge, and so that's why Architect does this transcoding; to make sure all uploaded files can be played on the edge. We may revisit this to see if we can switch to higher quality audio formats, but at the moment, unfortunately the audio format cannot be specified on audio uploads in Architect.

• 3.  RE: Improve audio quality of an upload to prompt

Posted 12-06-2017 14:40

The format we use to create our audio is :

PCM S16 LE

Mono

44100Hz

16bits

I understand better now.

It should be very usefull to be able to select a better one, because the quality difference is clearly audible and i our case the result doesn't give us 100% satisfaction.

Do you think we have to create our audio files in the same format as you to have a better result ?

Thanks a lot for your quick answer.

Kind regards.

• 4.  RE: Improve audio quality of an upload to prompt

GENESYS
    Posted 12-06-2017 15:19

The idea is that you shouldn't have to create files in that format, however you could try creating an audio file in that format and uploading it. You might have a slightly better result. As I mentioned before, we may revisit this to see if we can switch to higher quality formats, but unfortunately we don't have a timeline on that.

• 5.  RE: Improve audio quality of an upload to prompt

GENESYS
    Posted 12-06-2017 22:48

@olivier sand? , I would definitely give that a shot because what's going on is when you upload audio for a prompt resource like @Brian Parsons? says it will be transcoded to 8-bit, 8khz sample rate, single channel (mono), µ-law encoding because we're ensuring it's playable on the Edge at call flow runtime. If you upload audio that's natively in that format, the transcoding code shouldn't have to perform any conversion on the audio data and you might have better luck.

Thanks,

Jim

• 6.  RE: Improve audio quality of an upload to prompt

Posted 12-07-2017 13:42

Thanks for your feedback on that.

Kind regards.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources